Solved

email to sms is being blocked due to suspected SPAM

@srickar​ Hello Srikar, would you be able to assist as you have done for others in the past? All my emails that utilize email to sms are being blocked.

icon

Best answer by srickar 10 March 2020, 00:02

View original

11 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +4

Yes I can assist. Sent you a follow request for inbox.

I am having the same problem.  My work is trying to send me a work order from an email to text on my phone, but its getting blocked.  Help!!

@srickar 
Since the mid May our email server (polquest.info) is being blocked, when sending messages to xxxxxxxxx@t-momail.net. Based on dialogs I was able to read on this community message board, it looks like the SPF record in the DNS should be adjusted. Recently, I updated the SPF record. Could you verify it is sufficient to whitelist our domain? if so I would be greatly appreciated.

I’m having the same problem.  Email-to-text message stopped working mid-day EDT on July 8, 2021.  I’m a Sprint customer, and I’m wondering if this is due to the Sprint-TMobile merger.  The email address that worked was phonenumber@pm.sprint.com.  An alternative address of phonenumber@messaging.sprintpcs.com  also stopped working.

Userlevel 3
Badge +4

@srickar 
Since the mid May our email server (polquest.info) is being blocked, when sending messages to xxxxxxxxx@t-momail.net. Based on dialogs I was able to read on this community message board, it looks like the SPF record in the DNS should be adjusted. Recently, I updated the SPF record. Could you verify it is sufficient to whitelist our domain? if so I would be greatly appreciated.

Hi @magenta3930257 

I am not able to find any messages containing that domain or reverse IP lookup. All attempts are logged, so either the outbound email is not what you assume it should be or there’s some potential email relaying involved. Please send me a DM with additional details like 1 recipient and I can verify. Thanks….. 

Userlevel 3
Badge +4

I’m having the same problem.  Email-to-text message stopped working mid-day EDT on July 8, 2021.  I’m a Sprint customer, and I’m wondering if this is due to the Sprint-TMobile merger.  The email address that worked was phonenumber@pm.sprint.com.  An alternative address of phonenumber@messaging.sprintpcs.com  also stopped working.

Hi @bmg01907 

The merger would not impact SMTP settings, but please note that spam vendors update based on spam trends at least 12 times per hour so a dynamic change can occur from one hour to next. Please send me a D.M. with sender and recipient details and I can review the situation. Thanks.

Hi @bmg01907 

The merger would not impact SMTP settings, but please note that spam vendors update based on spam trends at least 12 times per hour so a dynamic change can occur from one hour to next. Please send me a D.M. with sender and recipient details and I can review the situation. Thanks.

Looks like I am having the same issue as well.

I DM’d you as well and I am in the process of opening a support ticket.

Good afternoon, I have just left another carrier to join the great and illustrious T-Mobile. I was surprised to learn that  when I updated systems at work that use Email to SMS for alerts that I could not receive them. I then checked our email system to see that a whole host of members were not receiving their banking alerts either. if this is indeed a spam filtering issue. Please assist us in whitelisting our domain so we can continue to serve the community. 

Thanks, John 

srickar solved the problem for me.  The solution was to add a SPF record to my email server.  It appears that without that record the receiving servers at Sprint/T-Mobile treated the emails as spam and blocked them.  Those emails were to be received as text messages on phones.

Hello SRickar!

I have a co-worker who is not receiving email from a specific domain to sms.

Would you be able to assist her?

Thank you!

Yes I can assist. Sent you a follow request for inbox.

Hello, my organization is having a similar problem when trying to notify our employees of high-priority issues. Would you be able to also point me in the right direction?

Thanks!