Solved

Email-to-SMS is not working

Hi we are running a application which sends notification as email-to-sms. For t-mobile receipients notifications are getting bounced while for ATT & Verizon its working fine.

here is the error log on our mail server

to=<929920XXXX@tmomail.net>, relay=d79033a.ess.barracudanetworks.com[64.235.153.2]:25, delay=2.7, delays=0/0/0.49/2.2, dsn=5.0.0, status=bounced (host d79033a.ess.barracudanetworks.com[64.235.153.2] said: 550 permanent failure for one or more recipients (929920XXXX@tmomail.net:550 Rejecting for Sender Policy Framework) (in reply to end of DATA command))

Our domain has SPF record and other checks inline. I suspect something is at t-mobile mail server which is blocking messages.

Any one has any context on this.

Thanks.

*edited to remove personal information - Marissa

icon

Best answer by tmo_lauren 26 January 2018, 01:08

Just wanted to check in once more!

-Lauren

View original

47 replies

Hey there! It is totally possible that the messages are being blocked. Due to the high level of spam we have seen with tmomail.net, we have some pretty strict filters. Please contact us so our tech support teams can open up a trouble ticket for you so we can get this sorted.

hey Chris , thanks for replying. Day before Yesterday message started working , but today they are blocked again. We are not sending that much of msg to tmobile , then why message's are getting blocked. Here is the example

postfix-out/smtp[995476]: A4BEE297A00F5: to=<929920XXXX@tmomail.net>, relay=d79033a.ess.barracudanetworks.com[64.235.154.105]:25, delay=6.2, delays=0/0/1.3/4.9, dsn=5.0.0, status=bounced (host d79033a.ess.barracudanetworks.com[64.235.154.105] said: 550 permanent failure for one or more recipients (929920XXXX@tmomail.net:blocked) (in reply to end of DATA command))

Just to inform you i had a talk with your technical support on 16th Jan , and executive said that they will call me in 24 to 48 hrs , but no call received.

Will call again and ask them to register a ticket.

Ahh bummer! There is definitely something wonky going on if they were working then stopped again. I know today marks the 48 hour mark but do you know if they opened a trouble ticket when your first called? You would have been provided with a ticket number if so.

its unfortunate that they didn't provided any ticket number to me. I asked them again and again and they told me that they will provide me when they call me back.

I am so sorry about that 😥 Did you receive the call last night or did you call our tech team again?

Userlevel 6

Hey there! Just wanted to check in here and see how things are going. Were you able to follow up with the Tech team? If so, were any tickets filed for you?
Even if you weren't verbally provided with a ticket number, typically one yields an automated SMS -- have you received any funky T-Mobile messages recently?

Userlevel 6

Hey, @magenta3742183​! We haven't heard back from you in a bit and wanted to see if you'd ever received a ticket number that you could share. How are things going for you?

Just wanted to check in once more!

-Lauren

I have the same issue.  I cannot receive text messages thru my work email.  was there a resolution to this ?

I have the same issue.  I cannot receive text messages thru my work email.  was there a resolution to this ?

Hey @umersheikh

We will need to have our engineers take a look at these messages on the network side. If you have not already done so, please contact us so our tech support teams can open up a ticket for you.

I've already contacted the tech support but they did not give me a ticket

number. they asked me to put my email address into my contacts and add a 1

to my number when sending to my phone. It did not work and there was

nothing else they could do. My coworker who has tmobile is able to get the

texts with the same process we are using.

Oh man, that is a bummer. For this specific issue, we will need to open a engineering support ticket. Please contact us again but before you do, please gather 3 examples less than 24 hours old of when this is happening so that we can use those to pinpoint what is causing the failure.

Figured out the problem. Did some testing on my own and found that the text

can only be 120 characters. Tmobile says 160 but that's not true for me.

Not sure why.

How about a user editable white list for from addresses? Seriously if you keep bouncing notifications from my work and and home security system I'm going to have to change carriers.

hello there

my company sends us text messages thru this SMS email address but looks like it is not working..

how can we get it to work ? why is Tmobile blocking it ? thanks

Hey @magenta6437973

It is possible that the email address your company is sending emails from is blocked but we can take a look. Please call us when you have a moment so our tech care folks can further investigate.

Chris Hello,

The same problem is happening to me! Did this ever get resolved?

Hey @email2sms_nowork 

The OP never came back 😥 For these types of issues, it is usually some sort of network blocking. I would recommend reaching out to our team of experts folks over the phone as well so we can open an investigation.

Chris

i'm having this same issue, can you please help me get this resolved.

Hey there, I just wanted to echo this and say that the tmomail.net email to text is not working at all.  I am just a consumer, but use this feature to have gmail send me alerts.  It used to work, but now fails and I missed an important notification recently that *REALLY* sucked.

why is this not working and when can it be fixed?  I really on this (or used to) extensively for both my work gmail and personal gmail.

thank you.

IF YOU ARE A TDAmeritrade customer and doing active stock and or ETF trading, T-Mobile is not for you. I have worked for a week with both parties and TDAmeritrade is having success with account notifications from client@notifications.tdameritrade.com, but T-MOBILE, in it's stupidity is still blocking TRADE NOTIFICATIONS which come from CLIENT@TDAMERITRADE.COM

On this very thread Chris of T-Mobile says right out front that T-Mobile has blocks because of spamming.

You people need to WHITE LIST client@tdameritrade.com

Yesterday I submitted two orders that were instantly executed and did the same today and you are still blocking them.

I have Facebook messaged you that if you don't get this turned around by the end of the day tomorrow (10/31/19) my wife and I will go back to Verizon as much as we otherwise like T-Mobile's prices, coverage and otherwise good service.

I TALKED TO A TECH AT TDAMERITRADE NAMED WILLIAM TODAY AND HE TOLD ME ALL FOUR TRADE NOTIFICATIONS OF THE PAST 2 DAYS HAVE COME BACK AS UNDELIVERABLE!

Hi @magenta3627089​,

I just became aware of this issue. I am spam admin for @tmomail.net domain. I wanted to let you know that I'm in receipt of your ticket and working to get the false positive scoring retrained on the domain tdameritrade.com. The messages are inbound from client@notifications.tdameritrade.com. The messages were triggering a block rule intended to catch financial cash loan spam. Whenever there is a large flood of category spam there can be potential to impact sending sources that have similar transaction based content. The correction typically takes 4-6 hours to correct.

Will reply back when the scoring has been retrained.

Please send me a D.M. and I can investigate the sending address thats failing to deliver. Thanks.

Please send me a D.M. and I can investigate the sending address thats failing to deliver. Thanks.