Solved

Email-to-SMS is not working

• 15 January 2018
  • 51 replies

Hi we are running a application which sends notification as email-to-sms. For t-mobile receipients notifications are getting bounced while for ATT & Verizon its working fine.

here is the error log on our mail server

to=<929920XXXX@tmomail.net>, relay=d79033a.ess.barracudanetworks.com[64.235.153.2]:25, delay=2.7, delays=0/0/0.49/2.2, dsn=5.0.0, status=bounced (host d79033a.ess.barracudanetworks.com[64.235.153.2] said: 550 permanent failure for one or more recipients (929920XXXX@tmomail.net:550 Rejecting for Sender Policy Framework) (in reply to end of DATA command))

Our domain has SPF record and other checks inline. I suspect something is at t-mobile mail server which is blocking messages.

Any one has any context on this.

Thanks.

*edited to remove personal information - Marissa

icon

Best answer by tmo_lauren 26 January 2018, 01:08

View original

51 replies

@srickar Hoping you can help… I can send email to 10-digit-phone-number@tmomail.net and receive SMS fine, works as expected.  Here’s the problem that started about 6 months about.  We have an email distribution address at my company that has several employee’s email to SMS addresses as subscribers to that distro, but when emails get sent to that distro address, the T-Mobile users no longer get SMS notifications.  Any ideas why that’s happening or how we can fix it?  Thanks!  Happy to DM the details.