Solved

EMERGENCY ALERTS

• 3 October 2018
  • 6 replies

HOW DO I GET EMERGENCY ALERTS ON MY PHONE?

icon

Best answer by tmo_amanda 10 October 2018, 23:38

View original

6 replies

I'm not getting emergency alerts at all on T-Mobile.  And I have two others in the family that aren't getting these either.  Ticket has been opened.

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

One easy way to get Wireless Emergency Alerts is to check the notification settings on your device. Which phone are you using?

I'm using iPhone 7+ and notifications are turned ON for Amber and Emergency alerts.  I did hear from T-Mobile that there is a known issue on their end.  Three out of four of my family members did not get the recent Presidential Alert either.

Ed

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

Hmm, I didn't see any reports of issues with the alerts. Did you speak with support over the phone? Did they mention filing a ticket for you or next steps that would be taken?

Userlevel 4

Hi, @kleedboger​!

As MC mentioned above, if you haven't already, you'll need to work with our TeX teams via 611 or T-Force via Facebook/Twitter. They'll file a ticket on your behalf and will need a few details such as your location when you should've received the alert (10/3 at 11:18 am PT).

My phone is sending Emergency SOS to my sister’s phone.  There is no emergency.  I accidentally dialed 911 yesterday but it keeps sending her alerts when he moves from one location to another.  How do I turn that off?