Solved

Employee lied

I spent 3 hours in the store on 2/16 and the employee lied repeatedly as to what my bill would be.  I have a signed contract stating the amount of 130.00.  When I recieveed the bill it was 180.00.  When I called customer service and also talked with someone at the store they said that they could not help me.  When you sign a contract isn’t it legally binding.  I am fixing to take it to court.  This is not right.  My daughter was there as well and heard all that was said.

icon

Best answer by tmo_chris 23 March 2018, 17:03

View original

11 replies

Userlevel 4

That is quite the price difference! We will want to take a closer look at your account to see what the discrepancy is here. If you have a moment. Please contact us so our care teams can pull up your account and see where this extra $50 is coming from.

Userlevel 4

You don't tell us what the extra $50 is.  You have a breakdown of your bill available to you, so you can see it.

The only thing I suspect is that you are paying $130 for service and $50 is on payment installments for your device.  (or some other device program like Jump.  There's also insurance programs you may have signed up for (or may have been signed up for) -- these insurance programs can be removed.

There's also the possibility that taxes, fees, surcharges, etc are the difference ($50 seems high to me, but I have almost $7 in taxes and fees on my single line, so I could see how it could be that on a 5 line plan).

Now, if, in fact, your bill says $180 for service and your copy of the contract says $130, then T-Mobile should honor it.

Yes, one of my former student, Sej at ***-***-****, who I went out of my way to help to prep for certification exams, etc. got a job for T-Mobile and called me.  He said that he could get me a senior discount and a free line, upgrade my phones, etc. and it would cost me $145.52.  All this is documented in the text messages he sent to me.  My cost is now $192.52.  I called and texted him about it and he said he was going to take care of it.  After four months, it has not been taken care of and now he does not return my calls/texts and has even blocked me after I continue to inquired about the difference and why it has not been resolved.  One of the classes I teach is in customer service and this is TERRIBLE customer service.  So that what it comes down to, lying to get customers and business?

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

Hey there, I reported your post to the mods because it contained personal information and we definitely don't want that on a public forum such as this. I'd definitely give him up as a bad job and reach out to 611 so they can go over your billed charges and tell you exactly what you can expect to pay monthly.

T mobile employee lied to me to sign up for the service. This is what was offered by Tele Sales expert get a Samsung Z flip on us with a qualified trade in,  I traded in a lgv60. Plan is $55 with auto pay it will be only $50 and I added 360 protection for $18. Total should be only 68 plus taxes. But my bill is 116. I contacted numerous times only to be told the plan I'm in is not eligible for the promotion and I have to pay excess $35 monthly to be eligible. And guess what they don't have the promotion anymore. So they stole my lgv60 and now trying to also charge me 1000 for the phone. I'm ready to cancel everything and send their phone back which they don't accept so I'm here with no choice. T mobile makes a mistake and now I'm penalized.  Just take your phone and give me peace of mind. To whomever this concern. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +9

T mobile employee lied to me to sign up for the service. This is what was offered by Tele Sales expert get a Samsung Z flip on us with a qualified trade in,  I traded in a lgv60. Plan is $55 with auto pay it will be only $50 and I added 360 protection for $18. Total should be only 68 plus taxes. But my bill is 116. I contacted numerous times only to be told the plan I'm in is not eligible for the promotion and I have to pay excess $35 monthly to be eligible. And guess what they don't have the promotion anymore. So they stole my lgv60 and now trying to also charge me 1000 for the phone. I'm ready to cancel everything and send their phone back which they don't accept so I'm here with no choice. T mobile makes a mistake and now I'm penalized.  Just take your phone and give me peace of mind. To whomever this concern. 

Reading this drivel means nothing more than to disparage T-Mobile.

Now, if you wish to give us explicit details on what plan, trade-in phone evaluation, and contract you signed up for, and what your billing now shows, may give you more creditability.  Even a copy of your contract and bill posted for us to view would be more preferred.

Rate plan: $109.67
> 5G promo $55
>Insurance: $18.00
>Galaxy Flip 3: $41.67
>Autopay Discount: $5

Taxes and fees $3.90

total of $113.57

My Trade in Phone was LGv60 which was valued at $1000 and was promised to see the credit on monthly billing for 24months but they have no clue to find it and I don't have the tracking info for it. So its gone for good. 

The plan im on is not even eligible for the Trade-in or Samsun Zflip on us. If I was informed I wouldnt have signed up and would have continued with my old plan with a different provider. I cant afford to pay $1000. Im not rich I commute 130 miles everyday to work and cant affford to spend money lavishly on something that is not a necessity. 

This has been addressed timely by T-mobile CEO and team. Thank you so much for everyone’s assistance. 

Badge

I'm being overcharged by T-Mobile by $125 for a phone that I did a remorse return on I have evidence to support the claim as well as I'm about ready to take this up to the FCC as well as the federal court for a complete shutdown of T-Mobile if this does not get fixed I'm also being charged for 3 lines I only have one

Badge

I bought a new phone a week ago. I was offered a trade in promotion that was available with my plan. The young man Charlie promised a value of $700 for my phone with credit installment of $29/mo for 24 month. Today when I’ve gone over my account history I can see all the changes he made and now it says my credit will only be $5.84/mo. That is a ridiculous difference of price. I specifically told him I was on a budget. I traded my iPhone 12 and because he valued it at the price above I decided to get the iPhone 14 and pay the price difference later on. So I would like to know why I’m not receiving the amount I was offered. Not only that but I’ve already been back because at the store he kept adding on things such as usbc charger, otter box case, screen protector. I told him I didn’t want to purchase any of this and he said “don’t worry about it you aren’t paying anything for it. Just don’t tell my boss” I kept saying no thank you and he put the case and screen protector on any way. Once I got home I noticed he actually rang it all up and I was charged and he used some type of credit towards it. I went back for him to explain it to me the next day and he assured me it didn’t interfere with my $700 credit. I need this cleared up because I’m on a budget and he knew that and still lied to me about everything. My family has been with T-Mobile for 17 years and I started a separate plan about 4 years ago. The service has been fine but I don’t appreciate being lied to especially with such a huge price difference. I’d appreciate it if I can get this resolved.