Question

Error "Uh-oh, it looks like we have our wires crossed. Please try again later."

Badge

I know this has been asked multiple times. Searched this forum, but cannot found an answer working for my scenario.

I am a new t-mobile home internet user (and do not have a t-mobile phone line, either post-paid or pre-paid). When I tried to login to my t-mobile account to manage payments, I was asked to “Link your phone number to your My T-Mobile account: Enter the phone number below to link to your account, and we'll send a confirmation code for verification.”. After typing the 10-digit phone number coming with my home internet, I got the error “F451 Uh-oh, it looks like we have our wires crossed. Please try again later.”

11 replies

I have the exact same issue.  I live in a rural area and wanted to try out the service first for internet before making any drastic changes.  Not able to link my Home Internet Gateway device phone number. No one at T-Mobile has any idea of what I am talking about, when talking with tech support they disconnected me and never called me back.  It took me over an hour on the chat box just for them to tell that at least I could pay my bill through the app using the “pay as guest” button.  Perhaps this issue is more pervasive than they want to let on.

Any suggestions or resolutions will be apprecated, otherwise, I will have to say goodbye to T-Mobile until they resolve this issue.

Thanks.

I had the same issue and contacted T-Mobile customer care. If you only have home internet from T-Mobile, then you cannot get access to My T-Mobile account online. You will have to call the T-Mobile Customer Care to change autopay credit card or change billing info etc. 

if you already have a T-Mobile cellular line, then you will be able to log into My T-Mobile account and it will also show your T-Mobile home internet line. 

I just signed up for home internet and could not get past this -- for me it was stuck on the step where it’s verifying the email address. I kept entering in the code that was sent to email, but got the wires crossed message every time. I finally just picked another of my email addresses and it let me into my account right away. I was able to verify my new email address just fine, which was a gmail account. For some reason with the gmail account, it let me log in completely first, then verify the email from my profile. With my first email, it blocked the login, so I could never get into my account to begin with. Hoping this helps someone out there having similar problems.

I just signed up for home internet and could not get past this -- for me it was stuck on the step where it’s verifying the email address. I kept entering in the code that was sent to email, but got the wires crossed message every time. I finally just picked another of my email addresses and it let me into my account right away. I was able to verify my new email address just fine, which was a gmail account. For some reason with the gmail account, it let me log in completely first, then verify the email from my profile. With my first email, it blocked the login, so I could never get into my account to begin with. Hoping this helps someone out there having similar problems.

With me I can't use a different email because it says I have to use the same email I signed up with when I created my account. 

Same exact issue. Have home internet, my email and password are accepted for login, I get a verification code by email, but then it says I must “Link your phone number to your My T-Mobile account” If I enter my real (non-T-Mobile) number it’s rejected, and if I enter the T-Mobile subscriber number, I get this error message. 

Tech support is nice, but they have no idea what the issue is. Looks like the community is full of people posting about this.

It’s funny, because they keep sending me deals for home internet users that you can only access if you login…

I had the same issue and contacted T-Mobile customer care. If you only have home internet from T-Mobile, then you cannot get access to My T-Mobile account online. You will have to call the T-Mobile Customer Care to change autopay credit card or change billing info etc. 

if you already have a T-Mobile cellular line, then you will be able to log into My T-Mobile account and it will also show your T-Mobile home internet line. 

Which is absolutely wrong. I only have Home Internet with them. Got it about a year ago and had no problem creating an account or logging in.

I think what the “wires crossed” thing really is, is a glitch in their system that they don’t know what it is, where it comes from, and have no interest tracking it down and fixing it.

I just got the “wire crossed” error trying to log into my account (again, HI only) I think because of their less-than-usable speed right now because they deprioritize HI and won’t admit it.

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

I have the exact same issue as noted in this thread. I have a ticket number, but so far they are unable to fix it. Is there any way to sign up to special offers such as Paramount+ with only the home internet service. When I try, I ultimately get to the get to the point  where it doesn't recognize the phone number associated with my home internet box and that is the then.

Someone posted the solution for me in the thread I linked below. The issue apparently has to do with tracking cookies. I have BitDefender and it offers an “Anti-tracker” extension. It was off by default, but when I turned it on, voila! I was able to finally get past the error message. Hopefully this helps you as well.

I had an old t mobile online account which hasn't been used for 4-5 years since I switched providers. It was still  on their system for some reason. Recently I ordered t-mobile internet under the same e-mail. So when i tried to create an online account i found out that my old one is still active. I logged in but couldn't add a t mobile home internet line number. Got this stupid "uo-oh wires crossed message". All I had to do is call home internet tech support ( 1-855-545-4614) . Asked them to unlink an email from my account. So they did it. Called me back in 2 days , linked my email back and the problem was fixed. 

I had to voicecall to 611 / Customer Service. (Hold time 85 minutes.) T-Mobile Staffer sent me a special URL to use versus the standard URL. I signed in without issue using my existing credentials. (Staffer helping me time 12 minutes and all handled.)

I’d found a workaround to this problem, which seemed to work just fine for about 2 or 3 months; but when I tried logging into my account a couple of days ago, I discovered that it was no longer working -- yikes!

I use the Brave browser -- and without getting into everything I tried in an attempt to resolve the dreaded Error F451, I’ll just cut right to the chase. I finally reached a practical solution this very morning.

I found that with Brave’s 'Block fingerprinting' setting disabled, I am now able to successfully reach the T-Mobile login page. Moreover, I found that this will work even if trackers, ads, and cookies are not blocked within the browser. Here’s the steps for Brave browser:

From the 'Customize & control Brave' menu [the so-called hamburger menu in the upper right corner]:

select 'Settings' ➤ 'Shields'

At the 'Block fingerprinting' setting near the bottom of the Shields page, click on the ▼ arrow and select 'Disabled'  (the default setting is 'Standard')

Once this is accomplished, you should be able to reach the T-Mobile login page. After logging off the site, I chose to reset Block fingerprinting back to its default.

I presume there’s a similar setting for other browsers; so hopefully this will finally provide a solution for all who have been experiencing this ridiculous error (which from what I’ve been able to find out -- ultimately was caused by T-Mobile) ..