Question

Failure to Suspend and Unlawful Auto Debit

• 21 April 2021
  • 6 replies

Badge

After spending 6 months in the US in 2019, we cancelled/suspended our service - with the intention to return in 2020. It has only just come to our attention that our account was not suspended and that  T mobile have been unlawfully auto deducting from our Australian account. I am unable to contact the T Mobile 1-800 # from OS and no email contact is provided! Despite this service not being used for 18 months T Mobile have made no attempt to contact us by email to question the billing. I can cancel the auto debit but how do I contact T Mobile for a refund?

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

https://www.t-mobile.com/support/account/account-suspensions

If you did a seasonal suspension there still is a monthly charge.

Badge

Thanks for your response.

It was suspended for 6 months no charge. (We had work commitments to return to in May 2020).

It then reverted back to the standard $70pm.

Unfortunately, there is NO way of contacting from Australia.

The 1-800 # does not work - there is no email address to use, that I can find? - there is no means to re-suspend or cancel online, that I can find?

TMobile did not email me to notify the account was re activated. There was, and still is, no ability to travel to the US to utilise the service.

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

Have you tried contacting Tmobile support through messenger on one of tmobile's social media platforms?

Badge

I do appreciate your help.

I don’t use social media….and I shouldn’t have to

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

Unfortunately the easiest way to contact Tmobile is through social media. This is a user to user forum with some tmobile moderation that don't have account access.

Ohh… very unpleasant situation, but I agree, it’s better to try to contact them in social, or even in any possible channels, to make a refund request, because it’s your money.