Solved

Family mode home base

• 5 October 2018
  • 6 replies

I have the familymode home base. It seems to be unable to register my son's Chromebook internet usage. He can watch YouTube for hours and it does not have any record of it.  I have a Linksys modem that is listed as being compatible with the home base

icon

Best answer by tmo_amanda 12 October 2018, 18:00

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 4

Well that is no good! What model is your Linksys?

Linksys EA 6350

Userlevel 4

Hmmm, I am looking at our compatibility list and I do not see the EA6350 as compatible. Where did you see this?

Userlevel 4

Good morning, @magenta6375728​!

As Chris mentioned, that router is not compatible. You can locate compatible routers here. This is likely why your FamilyMode device isn't picking up your son's usage.

Same problem here. My router is compatible but seems not able to manage Chromebooks with a bit of reliability. It works for a day then it stop for two.

I gave up, disabled Family Mode and went back to classical "manual" control through the router software. T-Mobile seems not capable to provide a simple Parental Control software.

Can I use T-Mobile FamilyMode along with the HomeBase device to schedule breaks in internet access during the day? For example, can I do something like this for a specific device?

allow access 10:00 AM until 12:00 PM

pause from 12:00 PM until 4:00 PM

allow access from 4:00 PM until 10:00 PM

pause from 10:00 PM until 10:00 AM