Solved

FamilyWhere Is ruining my life!!

so im a 34 year old woman who has a spouse that constantly uses the FamilyWhere app to track my location. That alone is extremely annoying. But what’s worse is that it’s oftern not accurate and tells him I’m at places that I am not. I’m not a child that needs to be tracked. does anyone know of an outside app that can completely block my gps signa? Turning off my location services on my iPhone doesn’t work. Please I’m so sick of fighting over the results it gives him.  I called tomobile to ask them for help all the rep said was that he could disable my short codes, which would block the app. But since my spouse is the account holder all he had to do was call T-Mobile and reverse what I did. This is hell!!! Please someone any help is appreciated.

icon

Best answer by tmo_lauren 10 May 2018, 21:58

View original

21 replies

Userlevel 4

Hey there!

First off, I'm so sorry about your situation, I can't imagine how frustrating that is. 😥 Unfortunately, FamilyWhere doesn't only use GPS, it uses a few different ways to track you, so GPS alone won't block your location. If the account holder insists on keeping the application on your device, having your location on will actually provide a more accurate reading if part of the problem is the results. This site here will give some insight - https://tfw.support.safely.com/hc/en-us/articles/204119066-My-locations-are-inaccurate-

That will yield more accurate results, however the only real way to stop the location tracking is to be the primary account holder and have it removed. 😥

I wish there was more we could do to assist.

-Lauren

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Your only other option is to open your own account.

Userlevel 4

Opening up your own cell phone account is the only viable step. I have a similar issue where my wife track me via ipad/iphone and most times she sees inaccurate data from the map. One time she freaked out because she tracked me driving into the ocean.... well thats what her device displayed...lol.....  I am in a slightly different situation cause all i have to do is turn the cellular service off on my Ipad and no more tracky-tracky 😊 .

Apparently your husband have trust issues maybe for a variety of reasons and he just want to know whats going on....he wants to keep tabs on his beautiful wife...  I do understand his view, and I do understand your view.... The both of you need to come to some sort of mutual understanding concerning the Family Monitoring or it will drain you emotionally and negatively affect your marriage 😥 and unfortunately T-Mobile do not have a marital/social intervention service that could help customers who may be affected negatively due to their great products and services.

Wish you both the best ...

I feel your pain, I too have a psycho husband who tracks my every move. Google play store has an app called Fake GPS location. In addition to that, under settings, go to connections, then location, and select Locating Method and change it to: device only. Directly below that is the Improve Accuracy option, make sure to open this and switch both options off.

Your second option and my personal favorite is to simply pop out your SIM card. If You happen to need the use of your phone while you have the SIM card out, you can connect to WiFi wherever you are or (I purchased a hotspot for my car that my husband does not know I have) and log on to T-mobile Digits Website. There you will regain total use of your messaging, calling, and voicemail features... all without being tracked by dear old hubby.

-Digits does require you to allow and grant location permissions but with the Fake GPS app in use, the location can be set by you to anywhere in the US. I use the Golden Gate Bridge as my default just to confuse him ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Payback for trying to track me in the first place...

Hope this helps

Hate to break it to you but, FamilyWhere is not ruining your life.  Blocking your GPS is treating the symptom not the disease.

Userlevel 4

I agree.

If there were no services and devices similar to FamilyWhere... then the post would say “Vehicles are ruining my life” due to her husband following her in a ‘vehicle’.

I'm getting tracked, harrassed, stalked as well from this service. You should be able to disable it for safety. Its a great service for children but unstable men and women with the control atm make it very dangerous and you will not have another customer when I do get my new phone. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

Yikes! The FamilyWhere services is designed to help the account holder find a phone’s location on their account. Are you the account holder, or another person on your account? If you’re not the account holder, you’d need to speak with them about turning the service off you don’t feel like you need it.

I use Family Where for my kids. Is there a way to have the system not let them know their location is being tracked?

Hate to break it to you but, FamilyWhere is not ruining your life.  Blocking your GPS is treating the symptom not the disease.

Wow….she asked for T-mobile community answers about an APP not NEGATIVE opinions and cheap therapy. Geez...

just put your phone in airport mode  then  turn on wifi,, familywhere cant track if its in airport mode

I use Family Where for my kids. Is there a way to have the system not let them know their location is being tracked?

Was wondering the same thing, any answers yet?

This is absolutely the worst app. First of all everytime I want to use it I have to log in the username and password each time, which takes time, which is annoying. Second the location is NEVER accurate or even close to where the phone is, and I mean NEVER. I got the app to track my teenager who was gone all night and the location it would give us each time literally said 3567 yards from the address it gave. Now that’s a huge distance so basically it gave us a 3 mile radius. Like, were we supposed to go knocking door to door to find him? The app was basically useless. Other than telling you the city that the phone is in that’s about as close to finding the location of the phone as you’ll get. I have Snapchat and Snapchat gives you an exact location down to the exact house you are in so not sure why Snapchat would have better technology than Tmobile, in that area. Unless and more than likely Tmobile has the app solely to make money at $10 per month. Snapchat is free and gives you the exact location but T-Mobile who is a phone and Internet carrier can’t give you the exact location, hmmm sounds fishy. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

i have a feeling a lot of it is going to be based on how they have their phones set up...is it set to use GPS only? GPS/mobile network/towers? GPS/mobile network/towers/wifi? the more activated the more accurate it will be more than likely

Well, I'm sorry you guys are fighting about this. However, it has been my experience that if you don't want him tracking you it's because you're going or doing something that makes him uncomfortable or there has been shadiness in the past. My question is why do you care if he knows where you are? If you're not hiding anything or going against the boundaries set forth in your relationship what does it matter if he knows where you are? Yes i believe that by turning on your location and giving full access you will help with the location that it will show. It is not about being treated like a child but maybe more so of a safety or security reason. I promise you if you give into it and simply answer his questions without attitude and get him to understand that it's not always accurate things will be better.  When you're in the car together have it on so he can see how accurate it is and maybe that'll get him to realise how the system works.  I promise you if you give into it for a little while he'll not want to check it as much and will get bored and trust more.  The arguing about it makes it look sketchy and there won't be trust, which sounds like what you guys need. I am speaking from experience. 

Wow….she asked for T-mobile community answers about an APP not NEGATIVE opinions and cheap therapy. Geez...

There is a much bigger issue here than her husband using the app to track her. Magenta7959905 isn't in the wrong for making that comment

I'm getting tracked, harrassed, stalked as well from this service. You should be able to disable it for safety. Its a great service for children but unstable men and women with the control atm make it very dangerous and you will not have another customer when I do get my new phone. 

Maybe you should get your own service then.  If you can't trust the person you are on an account with. You shouldn't be on an account with someone who is harassing, stacking you. That's not the app's fault

I feel your pain, I too have a psycho husband who tracks my every move. Google play store has an app called Fake GPS location. In addition to that, under settings, go to connections, then location, and select Locating Method and change it to: device only. Directly below that is the Improve Accuracy option, make sure to open this and switch both options off.

Your second option and my personal favorite is to simply pop out your SIM card. If You happen to need the use of your phone while you have the SIM card out, you can connect to WiFi wherever you are or (I purchased a hotspot for my car that my husband does not know I have) and log on to T-mobile Digits Website. There you will regain total use of your messaging, calling, and voicemail features... all without being tracked by dear old hubby.

-Digits does require you to allow and grant location permissions but with the Fake GPS app in use, the location can be set by you to anywhere in the US. I use the Golden Gate Bridge as my default just to confuse him ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Payback for trying to track me in the first place...

Hope this helps

way to give a lesson in how to be shady. Why do you all care if your HUSBAND knows where you are? He's your HUSBAND he should be the only one who knows where you are at all times! And Vice versa. 

Hey there!

First off, I'm so sorry about your situation, I can't imagine how frustrating that is. 😥 Unfortunately, FamilyWhere doesn't only use GPS, it uses a few different ways to track you, so GPS alone won't block your location. If the account holder insists on keeping the application on your device, having your location on will actually provide a more accurate reading if part of the problem is the results. This site here will give some insight - https://tfw.support.safely.com/hc/en-us/articles/204119066-My-locations-are-inaccurate-

That will yield more accurate results, however the only real way to stop the location tracking is to be the primary account holder and have it removed. 😥

I wish there was more we could do to assist.

-Lauren

Life360 is a very accurate and real time tracking app.  Just sayin

When I tried to track my teen once he got a text that his phone was bring pinged and  it asked if he wanted to  allow  it he replied no and  now I can't  track ... so no idea why you didn't get that same text 

Badge

We have tried to summarize the methods by which you can disable the Gamily Where tracking here, hope it helps you.