Question

Firefox incognito not supported

• 7 October 2022
  • 5 replies

Badge

When I try to log in to my account the website takes me to a page that reads:

Logo Corporate

Firefox is no longer supported in private mode

The Firefox browser is no longer supported in private mode on our site. To continue, please take Firefox out of private mode or choose another browser. We recommend Chrome, Safari or Edge.

What the heck is going on at t-mobile and why won’t you allow me to use my regular browser anymore?

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

if i were to guess it would probably have to do with so many hackers/scammers out there..they want to ensure you are who you say you are..or at least pretending to be.

Badge

So because of hackers and scammers T-Mobile wants me to give up my privacy?

That makes no sense at all.

Your answer is wrong.

T-mobile needs to fix their web pages!

Badge

Found a work-around for t-mobile.com’s trackers that were preventing the page to load properly!

By adding the extension called “Hide Privacy Mode” to the Firefox browser allows me to stay in incognito mode for the browser and log-in to the t-mobile website!

The browser still blocks the trackers and prevents those tracking cookies, but the website can’t tell that the browser is running in incognito mode.

T-mobile is running these trackers to follow their customers as they surf the internet.

What do YOU think they do with that information??

T-mobile.com STILL NEEDS TO FIX THEIR PAGES and stop tracking their customers!

The “Hide Privacy Mode” work around indeed works. The web is based on an open standard. Choosing not to support it in order to be in Google’s good graces is unacceptable. I have no particular attachment to T-Mobile as a provider. If they can’t bother to make their site accessible in an open and standard way, then I will go elsewhere.

I was so outraged by this!  But thanks to your add-on workaround I have calmed down and might continue using t-mobile.