Solved

Forced to dial extra digits on domestic call

• 9 November 2019
  • 15 replies

Userlevel 1

This has happened more than once to my daughter and myself when calling my wife's phone. I researched the symptom and it is supposed to affect international callers.  I only call domestic numbers. And when my daughter or I call my wife It is not just a domestic call, it is a call to a phone number within the same family plan. I never enter the additional numbers, instead I hang up and call again. It may take one or two tries. Either way, This is really annoying. What gives?

icon

Best answer by syaoran 9 November 2019, 14:05

View original

15 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Extra digits, like 1 and the area code or like 01?  If the area code is different than yours for the number you are calling, then 1 is usually needed regardless of whether it is a long distance call or not.  Just about everywhere now requires the area code and number to be dialed, even if the number is within the same area code.  Some devices have a setting requiring numbers to be dialed in 10+ digits.  If you are not in the area your number is based in, then usually 1 plus the area code is needed as well. 

I have this issue, however, the request for additional numbers is MADE after the call is placed.

It will ring a few times, then ask for 2 numbers to be dialed, then continue with the call. It happens only when I dial one number in particular, that number is on my family plan and is a US number.

It's very annoying if I'm in the car using hands free - I have to stop the call, essentially.

No not an area code the Message that is given states “to complete this call please enter the following digets, no additional charges will apply. XX.” XX are what ever digets the recording requests. someone has to have a real answer for this !

This answer is not the correct one  by any means

Userlevel 4
Badge +11

This happens to me when I call a friend of mine in Tennesse. It happens when I use my cell phone on T-Mobile. When I use my landline I don't need to add those extra numbers. I can't remember the explanantion.

Userlevel 1

This is exactly my experience. It had stopped for a short while, and just two days ago it happened again. I am calling my wife, and it is one of the 4 lines in my account. My wife just told me it happened to her last week when she called our daughter. T-Mobile needs to stop beating around the bush and provide a real answer and a solution. This is an annoyance.

Userlevel 1

Extra digits like "to complete this call please enter the following digits, no additional charges will apply" then you hear two number which I am then required to enter in order to complete the call. Can you provide a real answer this time?

How was that answer listed as "best answer"?? That is clearly NOT the problem. In order to complete the call - to a family member in the same TMobile plan - a recording requires entry of a random 2 digits. It's terrible. 

My son found the solution for this issue ..enter ##004# and it will remove the message and need for the two digit code. Hope this helps! 

No not an area code the Message that is given states “to complete this call please enter the following digets, no additional charges will apply. XX.” XX are what ever digets the recording requests. someone has to have a real answer for this !

I just found out what this is. They are upgrading some areas to 5G and during the upgrading they require the extra digits to send the calls through the correct channels. Apparently it is only temporary. 

Badge

Yes!!! Every time I call my husband, it rings 4 to 5 times and then a computerized voice answers and states “to complete this call please press the following digits, 72”.  72 is just an example.  Once i press those numbers it rings again until I am connected.   Any solutions?

Userlevel 3
Badge +2

Randomly being asked to dial 2 digits when making an international call is a fraud prevention thing. Afaik there's no way to bypass or work around it, you just have to stay the additional digits. 

Badge

Terrible answer - the question was specifcally regarding local calls within the persons plan. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

if you are in California then this would be the area code changes that started on the 24th of this month.

so if you are in California and now must add a 1 to call someone that is in your same county etc this would be why.

I had that problem and it was caused an app I used to block spam calls like RoboKiller It puts some sort of conditional call blocker into your phone number. To clear it, you need to dial ##004# on your phone and make the call. It will reset all your call forwarding and conditional call settings. It might sound weird but tmobile has a lot of self service codes that uses ##xxx# to set and reset settings. You can look those up.