Question

Free Apple + TV offer

• 25 August 2021
  • 50 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge

Having difficulties getting the offer.  Keep getting spinning wheels and Oops! Something went wrong try again - which I do repeatedly.  Anyone else having this problem?

50 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

Same here and looking around various forums and newsgroups, it seems the majority of people are having issues and chatting with an “expert” is frustrating to say the least from most of the complaints. It’s been a rough few weeks for T-Mobile for sure!

Same here. I'm assuming because I'm a sprint account and not T mobile?

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

Same here. I'm assuming because I'm a sprint account and not T mobile?

Being a Sprint customer is irrelevant in this case, even T-Mobile consumers are getting the same message and are unable to activate their free Apple TV+ (me being one of them), in fact most complaints are from existing T-Mobile Magenta plan consumers. 

same.

Anyone getting any answers? Please share!

Userlevel 2

I told CS & IT they would have a million calls, they didn't listen and they couldn't help me resolve this APPLE TV OFFER so I hung up. I cant burn that much time on the phone. They wanted to help me individually but I told them its nation wide. Dont band-aid it fix it at the root level

Lannie 

Userlevel 2

Maybe its part of the hack job by all of the losers' out there who don't have anything better to do with their menial time.

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

I was just able to redeem, I kept pressing “Retry” every 5-10 minutes (as I’m working from my desk anyway so it was easy for me to do). It finally went through and I have redeemed it. It also stacks. We had 12 months free from an previous deal when we bought a new iPad and this added to it, so our free subscription now expires mid 2023!

Userlevel 2

Thank you for the reply I really appreciate it I’m glad you got through maybe there’s just too many people hitting it all at once

Userlevel 2

Hey D I just got in patience is a virtue

Thank U!

lannie

OK …..I got in and got as far as “Redeem Now” got to the apple TV page and now its telling me “Code redemption is currently not available”...alright…. what now!!??

Userlevel 2

Just be patient there’s just too many hits out there right now too many people are trying to do it all at once

So with the comments that “there are too many hits our there right now” then their infrastructure and support teams weren’t fully ready for the volume of participants enabling the service. This is most definitely not satisfactory service from a company the size of T-Mobile. Can they not spell server capacity management and load balancing??!!!!

I was just able to redeem, I kept pressing “Retry” every 5-10 minutes (as I’m working from my desk anyway so it was easy for me to do). It finally went through and I have redeemed it. It also stacks. We had 12 months free from an previous deal when we bought a new iPad and this added to it, so our free subscription now expires mid 2023!

How do you even get to the redeem page? I can't even get to that. Thanks

I can't even get to the redeem page. Any help would be appreciated thanks

Just noticing that the offer had “disappeared” from my shared Add-Ons page and I’ve been mentioned that some people who were trying to get the offer, that they also noticed its gone from their page as well (this is while trying to get to the offer)….Also, noticed on the Web page the offer is now saying “coming soon only at T-mobile”...you would think T-Mobile was not prepared for the massive requests for this offer?...

Mine also says “coming soon only at T-mobile”… with no link to the redeem page...

Badge

I spoke with a T-Mobile rep a few minutes ago.  Completely clueless - didn’t know what I was talking about, then said the offer was expired.  She sent me a link to “prove” it was expired - https://offers.appletvapp.apple/tvp01213mf 

Like I said, she was completely clueless.  Guess I’ll try again tomorrow.

They must really be having trouble with this.  Last night there was a link to sign up, but I just figured I’d do it today.  Now the link is gone, and it just says coming soon. I spoke to a rep a few minutes ago, and he told me they are aware of the problem and are working on it.  He wasn’t aware that the link to sign up had been taken down, but he wasn’t surprised.  If T-M didn’t want lots of calls, all they have to do is put something on the website saying they are having technical difficulties and that we should try later.

I cannot find anywhere to addon or redeem the one year Apple TV offer. What is going on? Their website says:

“log in to the T-Mobile App or your My.T-Mobile.com account and navigate to Rate Plan Details. You can then click the “one year of Apple TV+ on us” banner”

…but there is no “Rare Plan Details” link anywhere. And it’s not listed on addon services like Netflix.

Then I spent 30 minutes on text chat with a clueless rep who kept asking me stupid questions I had answered previously. I’m was thinking, “just scroll up!”

I have spent too much of my day dealing with this crap. What the heck is up with Tmobile???

Phil H.  They are having technical difficulties.  Last night there was a link to sign up, but when I went back today to actually do it, there was no longer a link.  Instead, it just says coming soon.  I spoke to a rep who said there are issues and their tech people are working on it.  In the interim, they apparently shut down the link to actually sign up.

Those of us on Sprint who were changed from the Unlimited Premium or Unlimited Plus to the TMobile “Unlimited Tax Inclusive Planv4” are not eligible for this apparently. Even though the Unlimited Premium is on the Eligible list.

So a plan that TMobile forced on us, which I pay the same as I did before, including the 20$ premium service charge to not be throttled or limited to 480p, are not able to get this.

Sorry, it appears your account is ineligible for this promotion. Your denial reason is:

• Looks like your current rate plan is not eligible for this promotion
Userlevel 3
Badge +1

I can't even get to the redeem page. Any help would be appreciated thanks

I logged in to my account first (on a PC) I then went to https://www.t-mobile.com/offers/a...-plus-deal. and choose "Activate now", had to keep trying as I had the gears of death this morning, it just kept giving me the "Oops! Something went wrong try again!" message then it finally went through. I then redeemed on Apple.

Ok, now when I get to the “Start a new Submission” screen, it only has one phone number in the drop down, and that is a relative’s number who’s account I manage. None of the 3 phone numbers on my account are listed. Only my plan qualifies, not the relative’s so I can’t get the Apple TV offer. Come on Tmobile...

🤦‍♂️

Badge

If this is a “Free” perk, why does Apple then require separate registration with credit card info???

Just more personal info out there for the T-Mobile hack?

Me too, why do I have to give apple TV my debit card information, I feel somewhat skeptical?  More personal data to be breached?