Question

Free Apple + TV offer

• 25 August 2021
  • 50 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge

Having difficulties getting the offer.  Keep getting spinning wheels and Oops! Something went wrong try again - which I do repeatedly.  Anyone else having this problem?

50 replies

When I log into my t mobile it says apple tv is already active yet when I go to Apple it says to watch apple tv enter a credit card. T mobile needs to fix this 

Unable to get this to work via desktop browsers or via mobile browser OR t-mobile app (android).  Also failed from the link in a text from chat support.  What DID work finally was to login to the app on mobile and:

scrolling near the bottom of home page to “You’re on XXXXX Plan” section

• swiping through the 3 panel options until “see what else you get as our customer”
  • in the resulting benefits page (yes, probably several ways to get here), scrolled to Apple TV offer

Very possible this was a coincidence, but tapping “retry” on desktop and mobile wasn’t working.
  •  

Literally impossible if you don’t have an apple device. I can get all the way to logging in on my smart tv by entering my apple ID and password, and then I hit a wall at two-factor authentication. No code is sent to my email or phone. what am I doing wrong?

I had this problem. I was using Google Chrome. I retried it with Microsoft Edge and it worked almost immediately.

Ive been trying and all i get is the "click below to redeem directly with apple". When you click on that Apple just wants you to sogn in or create a new account, then nothing. No free offer etc.

I have been on the phone for 2 hrs this morning with Apple.  I have 2 different TVs and cannot open any programs/movies.   AppleTV a could not help.

Having difficulties getting the offer.  Keep getting spinning wheels and Oops! Something went wrong try again - which I do repeatedly.  Anyone else having this problem?

I have been on the phone for 2 hrs this morning with Apple.  I have 2 TVs and they could not get AppleT. To work on either TV.    A waste of time for sure

Anyone getting this error. What’s the fix?

Yep. There are a lot of crazy people running around. Pandemic seems to have set a lot of the off. Hacking, sabotaging, destroying, mayhem in general. In and out of government and business. I just goy off hold on 611. Told 6 min. wait. After 30 min. the line scrambled so I gave up.

Maybe its part of the hack job by all of the losers' out there who don't have anything better to do with their menial time.

^^What? Lol 

We have Magenta Plus 55 but the link  says we are not on an eligible plan???  Is the Magenta 55+ a different plan from what we have?? Or is T-Mobile just being difficult? Anyone have any answers?

“Eligible plans for T-Mobile customers include Magenta, Magenta MAX, Magenta 55+, Magenta MAX 55+, Magenta First Responders, Magenta MAX First Responders, Magenta Military, Magenta MAX Military, Magenta MAX Welcome, Magenta Deaf or Heard of Hearing, Magenta Max Deaf or Hard of Hearing, Magenta Amplified, Business Unlimited Advanced, Business Unlimited Ultimate, Magenta for Business and Magenta MAX for Business rate plans.”

OK …..I got in and got as far as “Redeem Now” got to the apple TV page and now its telling me “Code redemption is currently not available”...alright…. what now!!??

Same here...repeatedly!!!!! Called TM support, they tried but no help.

No reward code shows on T-M’s Thanks page that says “Click the button bellow to redeem your offer directly with Apple” Has this happened to anyone else?

After spamming the retry multiple times it came up it took me less than a minute. I’m so happy!!!!

(Did it on my Mac)

Same here. I'm assuming because I'm a sprint account and not T mobile?

I don’t think so because I’m directly with T-Mobile and it’s not working. I’ve tried doing it on three different devices.

Badge

This would require only the most basic user interface testing to get it right… very disappointing

It appears that T-Mobile doesn’t know how to do give-aways properly.  First they give away all of our personal information, then they can’t give away a perk.  Maybe they’ll get this figured out one of these days.

I have been having the same problem 

Luckily I have Roku TVs. Work's fine. I just have to remember to cancel before they hit my credit card.

dmhtwice2, they were having technical difficulties yesterday so they took the link down.  Once they got it fixed, the put the link back up.  The only annoying thing (but it an Apple thing, not a T-M thing) is that there is no app to watch Apple TV on an Android device.  Luckily, however, I was able to put it on my Amazon Firestick.

I can't even get to the redeem page. Any help would be appreciated thanks

Finally got in. I guess waiting a day helped

It finally worked last night.  And to those who wonder why a credit card, if you read the fine print it says it converts to a pay account ($4.99 per month) after the year if you don’t cancel.  They need to have some way to charge you if you don’t cancel, so Apple (not T-M) takes your credit card.  What I have done is to put a reminder in my calendar so I don’t forget when the year is up.  At that point I can decide if I want to keep it and pay or cancel.

I tried to avail this promo yesterday, it didn’t work, i couldn’t even login. Last night I tried it again (and up to now, several hours later) still no luck. I was able to login but keeps getting an error saying code redemption is currently not available. What a pain to get this promo!!! Has anyone experienced the same error message?

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

If this is a “Free” perk, why does Apple then require separate registration with credit card info???

Just more personal info out there for the T-Mobile hack?

This free “perk” is technically a 12 month free trial. You will need a valid payment method for when the trial period ends, and regular subscription fees need to be collected, if you are still subscribed by that time. This practice is often used by many streaming companies including Apple TV+

If you already have an Apple ID, a credit card is not strictly needed as such. Other payment methods are good, too. Payment methods that you can use with your Apple ID - Apple Support

Userlevel 6
Badge +9

If this is a “Free” perk, why does Apple then require separate registration with credit card info???

It’s a free trial, that will continue at $4.99 per month once the free trial is over, unless you cancel the trial before it ends.  That’s why payment info is required; you are signing up for the service.