Solved

Friend Referrals

• 30 March 2018
  • 7 replies

I added my friend as a referral and a few days later, he went to the T-Mobile store and signed up for service, porting his # and AT & T phones over. He showed the T-Mobile associate my name and the associate indicated that yes, he was in my referral area, and signed him up. This was nearly 4 weeks ago. The status has not changed on my referral status screen online. Talking to a rep on chat this morning, they indicated that the status should have changed by now, and obviously the guy didn't use my referral. Oh, but you're wrong, T-Mobile Chat Person. He did use it. And now you're going to deny me my $50 rebate??? I don't think so. Anyone else get their referral rebates without a hitch??? Is it possible that the T-Mobile Associate snagged my referral and used it for himself instead???

icon

Best answer by tmo_mike_c 1 April 2018, 22:19

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

We really want you to be able to take advantage of our Refer-a-Friend program for sure. What's the status say when you check it? As long as you qualify and the submission was done, you should be fine.

Userlevel 3

Hey there! Based on your post, it sounds like you completed the refer-er steps perfectly! The next portion of the referral program rests on the referred friend. They'd need to follow these guidelines:

Referred family and friends

If you've been referred to the Refer-a-Friend program:

1. Within 45 days of your referral, activate a new T-Mobile account with at least one voice line and port-in your number from another postpaid carrier.
  2. Visit referral.t-mobile.com and confirm your referral.
  3. Maintain your new account in good standing for 15 days after your port-in completes.

As long as your friend completed those steps, then you should be good to go! Does the referral status online say "Awaiting response" or "Pending validation"?

Userlevel 4

Hey there!

Just wanted to check in on the advice above. 😊

-Lauren

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

Did you ever get your referral bonus, elainemt?  Just checking as I'm going through this process now to refer a few lines and this process is TERRIBLE.  I typed in the info and an email went to my friend who is moving 4 lines over from Verizon.  He called as he didn't understand the steps in the email and after reading them, I was confused too.  He went into the TMO store to do the transfer and told them about the referral and they "supposedly" did something, but it didn't work, so he went ahead and just did what he had to do, which I don't blame him at all.  I then typed in another number that he moved over (wife) and it got declined when I logged in and tried to put in name/number...guess too late because that line switched.  I put in one more number (friend's son) and so far it took, but he will still get the same crappy email instructions as he got last night.  The kicker is after reading more into this, I wouldn't get the referral bonus anyway because of some stupid 24 hour rule where if you enter in a referral name/number on my TMO website account, the person you referred has to wait more than 24 hours before switching, according to the FAQ.  What a joke.  Yes, I'm venting, but this is the dumbest referral program and process I've ever seen. 😠

I clicked on the referral link, since a co-worker friend referred me, and I did not see where I could enter her information, just buy new phones??? It has been over 30 days and I have made 2 payments on my account and her account is in good standing.  Is this no longer a deal she can get?  We were told when we went to the T Mobile store she would be able to get the gift card after 30 days when I signed up, that was June 4. She was hung up a couple times calling for assistance, this is not a nice way to treat your long time customers that really promote your products to other cell phone users! 

The refer is a scam. I signed up got a.code. went to the store with my friend that a refered. Handed my phone to guy at the store. He said he handled it. No sign of it. I called t mobile support.. they bullshitted me for 20.minutes.  I am switching carriers and taking my 3 kids with.me.. your losing 5 accounts tmobile..what a joke Customer service is.. 

I took my friend to T-Mobile store and she switched from Spectrum and purchased 2 new phones. I was told by agent I’d get a referral of $50 but I signed up and it didn’t look like it worked. I had just switch my internet to T-Mobile but my phone is still with family plan at Spectrum. Does that make a difference?