getting no help from T-Mobile.

• 7 September 2022
  • 1 reply

Badge

I've only been with T-Mobile for 2 months, and it has been a literal nightmare. It all started when I set my autopay up to take the full balance out on the 15th of every month. I typically always pay my bill early anyway, but I just wanted to know that if I didn't it would be drafted automatically on my MasterCard on the 15th. So I was pretty shocked when on August 30th T-Mobile charges $46.23 to my MasterCard. Wrong day, wrong amount so I call T-Mobile that same morning. The rep I speak with tells me I have no payment activity on my account and I should report this to Capital One which I do. Capital One then withdrawals the payments as they should. 4 hours later T-Mobile updates my account saying that charge was in fact on my phone line and my balance is zero. I called Capital One immediately to let them know the charge was valid and they closed the fraud investigation. Since then I made another payment to T-Mobile for the other half of my balance since they didn't auto pay the full amount on the 30th. I wake up on the 3rd to a balance of 4623 plus a $25 missed payment fee from The Returned payment. The return payment that was believed to have been fraudulent based on what a T-Mobile customer service agent told me that morning. They adjusted the missed payment fee or returned payment fee off, but the next day I get a notification my auto pay has been cut off. They are no longer accepting card payments on my account. All this because a payment was returned - a payment returned because it appeared to be fraudulent and T-Mobile had no knowledge of it at the time I called them. They completely caused all of this and now they are penalizing me for it and I have been fighting them to get my restriction lifted off of my account. I am so close to just leaving T-Mobile all together - I cannot believe the lack of accountability and horrible customer service with this company. So in the future if T-Mobile ever charges your credit card with an amount you don't recognize on a day they shouldn't and you call them and they tell you that payments not associated with your account- don't be like me and report it as fraud. Take the gamble of losing all your money so T-Mobile won't strip you of the privilege of paying with a debit or credit card. Absolutely insane logic.

1 reply

Badge

Got charged for a device I never ordered, and T-Mobile doesn’t even know what device it is or where it was purchased or what phone number is assigned to it. Some scammer, which I Think was an Inside Job used one of our cards (now deactivated) to make the purchase. I complained, filed a fraud report, and now T-Mobile is robo-calling me stating my service may be discontinued for not paying this fraudulent charge. I Did make my normal monthly payment.