Getting screwed

• 23 November 2021
  • 2 replies

Badge

I feel sick over this entire situation.

was with sprint for many years and after the buy out we (3 of us on the account) knew we would have to switch eventually.

1.5 weeks ago we decided to make the switch. Sprint told us since its Tmobile we can trade our phones (leased) to tmobile and would get a 400 dollar upgrade for free!! 

So that is what we did and 2 of us got the Z fold 3. Now guess what? we were lied to!! Sprint is now saying we owe money on the phones we traded in, its been nothing but a fight with those jerks!

It gets worse, just found out T mobile is now giving 1000 off for just signing up with them and using the max plan, which is what I signed up with, I literally have this phone 1.5 weeks and tried to call them to explain they don’t care. I can return the phone since I’m still not even 2 weeks in but that won’t help me

2 replies

You are preaching to the choir. i migrated from sprint to t-mobile because they had a promotion where my bill would be the same but we were going to get new phones. i had it in writing and asked like 3 separate stores to make sure. the day of, they gave us wrong phones and the bill was going to be higher. they didn’t ask us nor did they explain the bill. we went in to exchange the phones to get the promotion we were promised and somehow the bill we went up even more. mind you, we had to pay restocking fees, my brother lost all of his data because the employee didn’t ask him if he had a backup before erasing his phone, and i was 10 hours away so i had to drive back to the same store to do this. i am literally sick to my stomach and can’t stop crying because they’er not doing anything to help. i literally cannot afford it. i don’t know what i’m going to do. 

Got my first bill after going into a T-Mobile store and doing the new promotion to upgrade to the iPhone 14 pro. We are existing customers have been for about 3 years. Saw the promotion to upgrade to the iPhone 14 pro for free with a trade in if we moved to the magenta max. We have 4 lines and we’re told the magenta max plan would be 170 and the new phones free with our iPhone trade in. We were expecting a bill around 185. For the phones Tuesday and the bill for $272 plus a second upgrade fee for $140. Turns out the store did not do the upgrade to magenta max which screwed us on the free phones and the people on the phone are now telling us the free line does not apply because we are not new customers, so the plan would not be $170. I wish the people on the phone could make it right, instead they just keep apologizing for the bad quote at the store! I did get the info in writing when we got the quote so I will be at the store tomorrow morning when they open. They better make it right!!!  Customers should not have to pay for employee mistakes/miss quotes. A good business does not lie or hide things from customers. We could have easily left and went to another carrier but now the phones we had have already been mailed to T-Mobile for trade in uggg. Let’s hope they make this right and this is my last post, if not I will be a busy girl on social media :)