Question

gmail to phone.#tmomail.net is not working

• 17 August 2022
  • 5 replies

Badge

emails from GMAIL to the SMS gateway, <phone.#>.@tmomail.net are NOT received as texts.

emails from OUTLOOK to the SMS gateway, <phone.#>.@tmomail.net ARE received as texts.

google has a gmail application “email to text” whereby one can gmail <phone.#>@sendemailtotext.com and receive text.  That is, google has their own email-SMS gateway.  When using this app, I DO receive the email as a text.

It appears that google is restricting emails to the tmobile email-SMS gateway, @tmomail.net, to force customers to use googles app “email to text”.  Did I mention that google charges for the service?

Is there anyone who can shed any light on this?  Is there anyone who can email <phone.#>.@tmomail.net and receive a text?

Thanks

frito

5 replies

Badge

Oops, Maybe I was too quick to allege that google was nefariously dropping email/gmails to phone.#tmomail.com.

24 hours ago, I sent email/gmail to phone.#@tmomail.com.  I just received a deliver status notification stating:

There was a temporary problem delivering your message to nnnnnnnnnn@tmomail.net. Gmail will retry for 47 more hours. You'll be notified if the delivery fails permanently.

AND:

Remote-MTA: dns; tmo-west.mx.a.cloudfilter.net. (44.225.109.57, the server for the domain tmomail.net.)
Diagnostic-Code: smtp; 421 4.1.0 my.email.address@gmail.com sender rejected AUP#CDRBL

I think T-mobile is using a third party named Cloudfilter to block spam texts and I am getting rejected.

Any thoughts?  What does AUP#CDRBL mean?

frito

I having the very same problem…..Don’t know where to get helps???

Userlevel 4
Badge +6

Hey friends, The tmomail.net service has some pretty strict spam filters. We want to avoid as much spam as possible, but it is also not a very robust service like regular texting or data services, so it is not designed to be used for any company uses either. From what you showed with the error message it looks like the message is coming from a seemingly generic email address. I don’t know if you changed the email address to keep your information private or if that is actually what you are sending it from. The spam filters that exists for the email to text service look for generic emails like that and block them by design. That filter also looks for things like alert@ info@ admin@ and many other email addresses that may be associated to a company or spam. 

I know that this may not be the news that you want to hear, but I hope it at least sheds a little light on the situation and gives you some other ideas on how to get those messages sent.

421 4.1.0 <g……..@gmail.com> sender rejected AUP#CDRBL

Where g….. is may actual email address that I’m not going to show here.

Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn’t.

We need this service reinstated, this is ruining my livelihood and productivity for my business with automated scripts i run using the tmomail service.  Please help!