Question

Google Play Music Replacement on Music Freedom?

• 4 August 2020
  • 4 replies

Badge

I have Music Freedom and have been using Google’s Play Music app which is whitelisted as part of music freedom. I use the Play Music app for both music and podcasts and have so for years now. Google announced in 2018 that they would be eventually sunsetting their Play Music app and going only with the Youtube Music app for music and their Google Podcasts app for podcasts. This year they are now starting to give us the ability to migrate all of our playlists and subscriptions over and it looks like Google intends to sunset the app this year.

I looked down the list that’s on the website and noticed that the Youtube Music and Google Podcasts haven’t been added yet. My question is will they get added to the whitelist of apps for Music Freedom? If so will both of them? When?

4 replies

I am also in the same situation. This is one of the best perks for being a long time customer of T-mobile. Hopefully they switch support to YouTube Music  to those of us that are being forced to switched music apps by Google in the near future.

Same here, I was using google play without any issue, this morning I received an alert saying that my data was almost over the limit of usage. T-mobile please add YouTube music on the whitelist, Google is just replacing the app.

Badge

Google has now officially sent the notice that they are removing Google Play Music in December. Here’s an article about it - https://www.cnet.com/how-to/google-play-music-is-shutting-down-in-december-heres-how-to-transfer-to-youtube-music/

It’s been 15 days and I assume that this item isn’t falling in at a high enough level within T-Mobile’s blog response priority.

If at all possible, I would like a T-Mobile rep to respond to this question as soon as possible. This type of benefit gives T-Mobile a bit of a competitive advantage over the likes of AT&T and Verizon. Not being able to utilize music freedom on key music apps makes it much easier to consider moving providers.

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

Google has now officially sent the notice that they are removing Google Play Music in December. Here’s an article about it - https://www.cnet.com/how-to/google-play-music-is-shutting-down-in-december-heres-how-to-transfer-to-youtube-music/

It’s been 15 days and I assume that this item isn’t falling in at a high enough level within T-Mobile’s blog response priority.

If at all possible, I would like a T-Mobile rep to respond to this question as soon as possible. This type of benefit gives T-Mobile a bit of a competitive advantage over the likes of AT&T and Verizon. Not being able to utilize music freedom on key music apps makes it much easier to consider moving providers.

This is a user to user forum with some Tmobile moderation.

My suggestion is if you want a faster response, messenger Tmobile on their Facebook or Twitter accounts.