HELP i refused gs8+ package delivery to order gs9+

• 28 February 2018
  • 17 replies

Badge

hi i ordered a gs8+ before realizing the gs9+ was coming out. the t mobile rep told me to refuse delivery which i did it will be returned to t mobile on march 1st. he also told me to call on march 1st to order my gs9+ and that they will help me over the phone to get the order put in so the gs8+ doesnt become a issue. i'm worried right now because doesn't it take them a month to process a return and also will i be charged a $50 restocking fee even tho i never received the phone? i just dont want it to affect my gs9+ order on march 1st  and my 12 month good credit deal with them.

17 replies

Userlevel 5

Hey, @magenta4174732​!

I totally get why you're stressing out figuring out how to make the S9+ happen after you already ordered the S8+. Where did you place your order for the S8+? In-store order, over-the phone, or online? If online or over-the-phone, you won't see a restocking fee if you simply refuse the shipment. As far as the return of the S8+ and how it impacts you varies based upon your account. It's possible that you have a large enough credit line on the account to be able to finance both the S8+ and S9+ until your S8+ is fully returned in our systems. One last question for you - has your S8+ already been shipped or when did you order it?

Userlevel 6
Badge +12

tmo_amanda seems to have proposed a good suggestion and asked some good questions. I just wanted to ask as well if you had the tracking number for the delivery and were able to see where the device is currently at?

Badge

i ordered online. i refused the package and it got returned to the warehouse today. the lady on the phone told me it can take 48 hours for it to process so she put a ticket in to hurry it up not sure if that will help. thanks for letting me know there wont be a restocking fee. i ordered it on the 21st and refused it on the 26th and t mobile received the return today.

Badge

yea it just got returned to t mobile HQ today just hoping they get it all entered into there system today so i can order my phone tonight. fingers crossed

Userlevel 6
Badge +12

Well keep us posted and be sure to enjoy that beautiful new S9.

Badge

this is turning into a nightmare. i was told once t mobile receives the phone it would take 24-48 hours to process the return and then i can order the gs9+. the lady on the phone also put in a ticket to speed things up which was nice of her. now i get a message saying they cant find the phone and it will take 7-14 days before i can order a new phone. i'm so mad and aggravated right now it makes no sense that t mobile doesn't scan in returns upon arrival and separate them accordingly so they can be processed in a timely manner. i'm sick to my stomach right now i don't handle stress well i know things will be straightened out but by then i might miss out on the deal or they may be put on back order. if any t mobile employee reading this can help let me know?

Userlevel 6
Badge +12

Your best option would be to message the T-force team on social media. This way you can attach any and all pertinent information and documentation. You can also try calling again if you don't have a Facebook or Twitter. Finally I would email the CEO John Legere about your situration.

@__invited__john.legere

Hope the info helps and try not to panic ok.

Badge

i may never order a phone online again after this debacle read my other post to @tmo_amanda

after i get my gs9+ ill probably deal with a brick and mortar store only.

Userlevel 6
Badge +12

Just to be clear I have no affiliation with T-mobile other than being a customer like yourself.

Badge

yes i have the tracking number and it was delivered on the 1st to the t mobile warehouse in COPPELL  TX. 

Badge

i know

Userlevel 5

Hey, @magenta4174732​!

Your other post was archived because it was essentially a duplicate post of this thread. We try to keep things tidy around the Support Community. I'm sorry this has turned into a larger headache than originally anticipated. I'd love to give you advice and recommendations, however, we do not have access to customer accounts which means I cannot view all of the details of the return/status of the account. I strongly recommend reaching out to T-Force via Facebook or Twitter to see if they have any other options to get your S9 pre-ordered. 

Badge

the other post was me trying to simplify my issue so it was easier for people to answer but i couldn't figure out how to delete the other post once people started to respond to this one. sorry about that. i contacted t force they coulnt help so i guess ill have to wait and hope.

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

Hmm, that's really odd and I'm sorry to hear this wasn't resolved. What did they say exactly? Has anyone taken another look at this to see if there's more that can be done? I'd just really like you to be able to get this phone ordered, that's all.

Userlevel 6

Just wanted to check in here, @magenta4174732​ -- how are things going with this return? I'm also curious, as Mike mentioned, if you'd be able to let us know what our T-Force team advised? Was a Handset Research form filed using the IMEI of the phone that was shipped to you, that you refused delivery of, in addition to the tracking number? Also, I know sometimes UPS assigns a package a new tracking number when they return it -- when you look at the tracking, do you see a separate number for the return? I just want to make sure we're covering all bases for you. <3

Badge

T-Force  couldn't help just like the CSR but every thing is good now i contacted the CEO and he fixed everything. i got my phone ordered and i'm waiting on my refund for the gs8+ he said it would be a day or two. i cant wait to put my grubby hands on that beautiful gs9+ just ordered a  ghostek waterproof case for it in red.

Userlevel 6

Well, it's a bummer to read that our frontline teams weren't able to use escalation channels to get this resolved for you! No matter what, though, I am so glad that the situation is settled and you've got the S9+ ordered. I hope you love your new phone! Thanks for coming back to let us know. 😊