Help Settling A Collections Debt!

Userlevel 1

I have a notification on my Credit report stating that I owe a debt collection agency money which is from T-mobile, and it has been sent to collections. I never received any information in regards to a debt before hand and I am still a current T-Mobile customer, OTHERWISE I would have paid it. I want to work with T-Mobile directly to pay off my debt. I do not want to contact the Debt Collection agency AGAIN. I have no problem at all paying off my debt, but I want this removed from my Credit report ASAP, because it is very damaging. I am very willing to work with T-Mobile to resolve this issue.  I do not have Facebook or a Twitter. I would like to E-Mail directly or speak to someone over the phone.

Thank you!!!

25 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +7

They don't have an email address, it either has to be in writing, social media or you can dial 611 from your T-Mobile phone to talk to a live person.

This is more of a user support forum and the handful of T-Mobile employees on this site don't have access to customer account information.

Userlevel 2
  1. Do not call - calling does not preserve your rights. You need to create a paper trail.
  2. Gather all of your documentation.
  3. Learn about the Fair Credit Reporting and Fair Credit Billing Acts
  4. Write a letter to T-Mobile and the collection agency. Cite the aforementioned acts as appropriate, and ask for a full accounting of all charges.
  5. If things seem amiss & are not getting resolved, file a credit dispute with the credit reporting agencies.

Send a letter to

T-Mobile Customer Relations
PO Box 37380
Albuquerque, NM 87176-7380

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

We definitely want to get this taken care of for you @kyeshaqueen. I just want to echo what's already been mentioned by our fellow members. We don't have an e-mail you can send to but you're welcome to call 611 or mail Customer Relations team. Regardless of what method you choose, we want to help get this squared away for you. Thanks for posting.

Userlevel 1

I've lived chatted with a representative and they keep telling me they can't do anything because they no longer have the account. ERC has it. I don't want to pay ERC, I want to pay T-mobile. I am still a t-mobile customer so I don't see why this is such a big deal.

Userlevel 6
Badge +12

Once the account is sold legally T-Mobile doesn't own the debt anymore.

Userlevel 1

They can definitely recall the account from the Collections Agency. I've emailed the CEO and he had someone get back to me and I was able to pay through T-Mobile and they will be pulling the account from the CA and sending notification to the Credit Agency to have it removed. Customer service has no authorization to do this. You'll have to go higher.

I am having the same issue, on talking to the collection agency they told me that the debt occurred back in 2014 and they can't tell me what it is for, so they told me I need to contact T-Mobile, it's 2017 now FYI. I never received any bill any receipt any letter any email or nothing about the debt neither from T-Mobile nor from the collection company. I have never missed even a single payment for the T-Mobile and this is how they treat me. T-mobile so far has no idea what that debt is all about. Customer Rep. told me that they cannot see any records what so ever about the debt or anything. Whatever it is, T-Mobile hit me when I needed my credit the most. I went to purchase a car, before that my credit was Excellent, with one blow, for the first time my credit score dropped less than 700 and was offered extremely high-interest rate.

Upon calling T-Mobile, the rep told me he gonna dispute it and it's gonna take a week. This entire fiasco ha not only been an inconvenience but has made me suffer financially.

Getting back to the discussion,

@kyeshaqueen‌ how did you managed to email CEO, can you share that with us?

Userlevel 3
Badge +7

The CEO email is quite public, it's john.legere@t-mobile.com, he responds

to Twitter also

Thank You! Haven't heard anything from T-mobile yet! Let's see!!

Did you get your issue resolved?

Did you get your issue resolved..amazing how many people have similar issues, looks like Tmobile is committing residual violations of the FCRA of 1970 and the CCA

The CEO email is quite public, it's john.legere@t-mobile.com, he responds

to Twitter also

today 2020 is Mike.Sievert@t-mobile.com.

I have a notification on my Credit report stating that I owe a debt collection agency money which is from T-mobile, and it has been sent to collections. I never received any information in regards to a debt before hand and I am still a current T-Mobile customer, OTHERWISE I would have paid it. I want to work with T-Mobile directly to pay off my debt. I do not want to contact the Debt Collection agency AGAIN. I have no problem at all paying off my debt, but I want this removed from my Credit report ASAP, because it is very damaging. I am very willing to work with T-Mobile to resolve this issue.  I do not have Facebook or a Twitter. I would like to E-Mail directly or speak to someone over the phone.

Thank you!!!

Almost the same exact experience EXCEPT , you offered me a credit to my account in the full amount I owed and I signed legal papers with you.  You reported me to collections before settling with me  during the lockdown when T.Mobilepublically announced it would turn mo one into collections-!  So thank you , you lowered my dismal score with your underhanded actions and we have  a legal agreement that I have again had to reach out for help with because I'm pretty sure your actions against me causing me real demonstrable harm is a separate issue . I was never , never notified by you and your team of legal experts that you were taking action against me and this debt showed up in my credit report as the reason for my worse credit score.  I cannot begin to put words to my outrage that you did this and apparently did this only to me given your announcement that during the lockdown you weren't turning customers over to collections - and I was actively disputing that bill which I ultimately prevailed so what wtf is that over $500 collection on my record reported by you in April. ?  I called the number and got someone overseas on a poor connection and I cannot tell you what was accomplished. Unreal - this cannot be legal ! 

Amy Carrick  

Badge

Thank you!!!

Aloha. They did the same to me. I closed my account, but forgot to turn off paperless billing. They continued to charge me & steal money out monthly. I never noticed until in may they took the last $506.00 from my account & left me broke. During Covid with no job. That money was my grocery money for my ohana. I notified my bank & they could only go back for 6 months. I got my $506.00 dollars back. T-Mobile even offered me a gift card for $250.00 which I declined, I wanted the CASH they STOLE back in my account. So the bank went in our favor as I provided proof of a closed family account. (They shut off 2 of our 3 phones & left one on & continued on paperless billing) So bank Erred in our favor & what does T-Mobile do❓ Instead of saying sorry we goofed they sent me to Collections ‼️ Can u believe this company & ive heard it happened to others. T-Mobile are Thieves!!! Make sure & read your bank statement online monthly ‼️ And when u get sick of their crappy service; make sure you delete your card info & STOP Paperless Billing- That’s how they get you & when you finally CATCH them STEALING; BANK GIVES YOU YOUR MONEY BACK- T-Mobile Just sends you to COLLECTIONS ‼️ Worst customer service I’ve ever had in my 49 yrs of life. And I’ll continue to tell anyone & everyone HOW T-MOBILE STEALS THRU PAPERLESS BILLING & When they get caught it’s up to you to prove its Their Negligence. Filled out a police report May 2020. That’s what you do when your stolen from. T-Mobile at the top level are Thieves & know exactly what their doing!!! Very profitable STEALING FROM YOUR CUSTOMERS during a lava eruption in my backyard & Covid just starting. Still owed over $1000.00 Every month they’d take different amounts- some from $76.00, $106.00, $49.00, every.single.month- just the WORST experience Ever from a company I used to like & brag about. Especially after they gave away free phones to ppl who were evacuated during the Kilauea lava flow 2018. Now their just RIPPERS‼️

Hello, I have the same sad experience with the company T-mobile, this company, we will make a big contribution to the deterioration of my credit rating when closing an account with T mobile, I did not have any debt and a few months later I noticed that my credit rating collapsed. What was my surprise that this happened thanks to the company T mobile, which formed a debt of $ 154 from me and transferred it to the collection agency RCVL PER MNG. At the same time, without notifying me in any way about the formed debt, either by telephone or in writing in any way. And almost behind my back, in the conditions of a pandemic, she turned me into a malicious defaulter and passed this information to collectors. This is very sad and not beautiful on their part. For me it was not pleasant and outrageous the worst experience with you guys you are not professionals.

I really do not know how you all got in trouble with tmobile, I read a lot of blame being directed at Tmobile, and so on. 

I got in trouble with a CA, Tmobile, lower credit score, higher interest rates, etc because I did not pay the bill. 

I was not in a good place at the time and just swept it under the rug. A few months later the consequences happened. 

I am in a better space now, and I owe $632.43 to a collection agency, and I would love for tmobile to recall the debt from the CA and allow me to pay them in full today. It was not your fault, Tmobile, I screwed up, I own my mistake. 

I already wrote Mike Sievert a letter today, and let’s hope that works. The collection agency is offering me a deal of 50% off, but I don’t want that, I owe $632.43, not $316.22.

Naturally, I am not all about righteousness and such, I want to pay in full so they remove the information from the credit reports, duh! 

I am just not about pointing fingers at anyone or anything when it was my own lack of control over my finances. I am not going to make up stories, I know you all did not and are not making up stories, I am just saying I will not do that. I did this. Please have mercy, and help me solve this ;)

Thank you.

Sad to see how many people are affected by t-mobile’s misuse and abuse of customer’s rights. 

I am going through the exact thing with them. I left them almost two years ago. I was never contacted on anything. never called, never sent anything in the mail. Here comes a collection from them but I will dispute it every angle I can. My phones NEVER WORKED. I had to call several times a week and nothing was fixed. I was tired paying for devices and the service was never working. I am going to the better business bureau first on them. 

Hi I need help to pay my collection 

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Hi I need help to pay my collection 

you’ll need to contact TMO directly for this. by directly i mean either by calling in, chat support or through one of their social media platforms like Facebook or Twitter which lands you with tier 2 support

Thank you!!!

They sent me to a collection agency when I NEVER even had an account with them. A few months ago, the salesman at the nearby store gave me a home internet to try at home for FREE for a 14-day FREE TRIAL. The device NEVER worked for me at my home, so i took it back to the store. They took it, closed the account for me, called customer service to explain to them that I returned the device in thw store, and I was currently in the store with them to confirm my account was closed. They took care of it, I left. Now they are saying at T-Mobile customer care that I didn't return the device, when I physically returned it 4 days after i received the device that never worked. The service wasnt offered in my area. Because I closed my account with them, they are claiming that I owe them now $58.50 for a FREE device that I never got a chance to use. They got this on my credit report now! What am I supposed to do to protect my credit, pay something that I dont owe!?

Badge

They can definitely recall the account from the Collections Agency. I've emailed the CEO and he had someone get back to me and I was able to pay through T-Mobile and they will be pulling the account from the CA and sending notification to the Credit Agency to have it removed. Customer service has no authorization to do this. You'll have to go higher.

Do you have a number to pay through T-Mobile? I’m in the same boat. I currently have active T-Mobile postpaid account but that charge off of old account is hurting my credit.

I’ve also been turned over to a collection agency, however I don’t owe T-Mobile any money. I’ve spoken to customer service for four months, one to two times a month. Each time they admit the mistake is on their part. Each time the promise me that they will fix the bill.

I last spoke to them 6 days ago and they promised it would be fixed in 10 days. 

Today I got a call from a collections agency. I called T-Mobile and they are telling me “so sorry, you’ve been written off, we can’t do anything.” 

I talked with Joseph on the 30th of November

I talked to Mare on the 19th of December

I talked with Nicole, a supervisor on the 16th of January

I talked with Charles on the 16th of February at 1 PM and he promised a level 2 escalation was open and this would be fixed.

Today, I received a call from the collections agency. I immediately called T-Mobile and have been told now that my account is written off, they can’t do anything.

I feel like they just stalled until they could write off my account. Then never really planned on helping me at all.

1. Do not call - calling does not preserve your rights. You need to create a paper trail.
  2. Gather all of your documentation.
  3. Learn about the Fair Credit Reporting and Fair Credit Billing Acts
  4. Write a letter to T-Mobile and the collection agency. Cite the aforementioned acts as appropriate, and ask for a full accounting of all charges.
  5. If things seem amiss & are not getting resolved, file a credit dispute with the credit reporting agencies.

Send a letter to

T-Mobile Customer Relations
PO Box 37380
Albuquerque, NM 87176-7380

THIS exactly ⬆️⬆️

If you agree you owe then mail a letter to TMOBILE for a ‘Pay for Delete’ agreement (an agreement between you/Tmobile that once the balance owed is paid in full-TMobile will delete the information and mark ‘PAID’ on all three credits bureaus. 

Keep track of your paper-trail and wait for them to respond. DO NOT contact the collection agency holding the account.