Solved

Home Internet 2.4 ghz Fix and Signal Strength

• 9 December 2019
  • 10 replies

Using the t-mobile home internet program, devices are having issues with and maintaining the 2.4ghz connections.  App says that the 2.4 and 5 Ghz are working.  Unfortunately, a Roku and tablet says they're unable to connect.  The Roku connected just yesterday 😥   I've tried turning everything off and on and still can't connect.   This has been an ongoing issue.  The 5ghz devices work well.  Does anyone know how to resolve this?

Also since I'm here...does anyone have an idea on how to improve coverage in the house? Will an extender or mesh help?  My gateway box is a bit further from one of the rooms and we'd like to up the signal strength if possible to that area.  At the box, the signal is "good" and I've tried various spots in the house looking for "excellent" signal strength but was not successful.

Thank you for any help you can provide.

icon

Best answer by tmo_amanda 13 December 2019, 23:43

View original

10 replies

Userlevel 3

Hey, @travelingcue​!

That's a really good question -- I'd recommend getting in touch with our Home Internet team to see if they help improve your in-home signal. You can call them at  1-844-275-9310 24/7 !

Just to let everybody know I've had problems with this we just got this service not too long ago and most of the problems can be fixed by logging into the router and turning on United plug and play and also each band only can take 10 devices so you can only have 10 devices on the 2.4 band and 10 devices on the 5 gigahertz band after that you need to set up an external router to handle the extra load

Same issue 5/22/21. Have had the issue for several months.

Currently having this issue. Jun 21, 2021. The 2.4 band not working but the 5 band working. There are less than 6 devices on each band.

Tech support will send a different router replacement. Will update if that fix the problem.

Badge

i am having that same issue, did the new router fix the issue?

I am having the same issue this morning. Everything working fine last night but this morning nothing is connecting to the internet. 

i am having that same issue, did the new router fix the issue?

Setup refurbished replacement router. Working well last two days, 24 hours per day on 2.4 band. The 5 band was always working, both on the old router and the replacement.

Maybe update again in couple of weeks.

Badge

Hey, @travelingcue​!

That's a really good question -- I'd recommend getting in touch with our Home Internet team to see if they help improve your in-home signal. You can call them at  1-844-275-9310 24/7 !

T-Mobile is horrible on service. 

Ordered home internet and the modem is only delivering 20 mb of download speeds. 

This was last Monday. 

Two nights straight I spent 2 hours on hold and finally gave up. 

On Tuesday morning I spoke with a Manager by the name of Carlos after their  CSR told me 3 times that he had my back only trying to end the call by asking me if I wanted to send the modem back and keep Cox. Carlos promised a callback on Thursday evening at 6pm which never came. 

I called corporate on Friday morning and the first time I got thru after a long wait someone picked up then hung up immediately. 

On the second call the secretary told me that she would put me thru to the presidents office only to transfer me back to the main queue. 

I have given up and will keep my cox cable. 

Using the t-mobile home internet program, devices are having issues with and maintaining the 2.4ghz connections.  App says that the 2.4 and 5 Ghz are working.  Unfortunately, a Roku and tablet says they're unable to connect.  The Roku connected just yesterday 😥   I've tried turning everything off and on and still can't connect.   This has been an ongoing issue.  The 5ghz devices work well.  Does anyone know how to resolve this?

Also since I'm here...does anyone have an idea on how to improve coverage in the house? Will an extender or mesh help?  My gateway box is a bit further from one of the rooms and we'd like to up the signal strength if possible to that area.  At the box, the signal is "good" and I've tried various spots in the house looking for "excellent" signal strength but was not successful.

Thank you for any help you can provide.

Wi-Fi 6

Hey, @travelingcue​!

Wow.  Absolutely worthless response.  And they pay you for that???? Oh I’m sure they do.  Same response I get in chat and phone.  The UNtech support.