Question

Home Internet customer access to deals and promos

• 13 October 2021
  • 2 replies

Badge

I have a TMobile Home Internet account, but am not a T-Mobile customer.  T-Mobile has assigned a “phone number” to my account, but it’s not tied to a phone.  T-Mobile considers me a customer, and I am eligible to take advantage of offers like those on the “T-Mobile Tuesdays” app.  BUT…. to activate the offers you have to enter your phone number AND then receive a text with a security PIN.  Since I don’t have a device, I can’t get the text with the PIN, so I can never activate the offers.  My router does not get the PIN either.  Any one have any suggestions?  I have explored if I can receive the texts online, but without a phone I cannot.  Suggestions welcome!

2 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +3

I have a TMobile Home Internet account, but am not a T-Mobile customer.  T-Mobile has assigned a “phone number” to my account, but it’s not tied to a phone.  T-Mobile considers me a customer, and I am eligible to take advantage of offers like those on the “T-Mobile Tuesdays” app.  BUT…. to activate the offers you have to enter your phone number AND then receive a text with a security PIN.  Since I don’t have a device, I can’t get the text with the PIN, so I can never activate the offers.  My router does not get the PIN either.  Any one have any suggestions?  I have explored if I can receive the texts online, but without a phone I cannot.  Suggestions welcome!

If you have the 5G gateway, it is capable of displaying text messages by swiping the top LCD display.  No phone needed.

Userlevel 3
Badge

If you have the 5G gateway, it is capable of displaying text messages by swiping the top LCD display.  No phone needed.

This used to work for me until T-mobile pushed a new firmware. Now I am pissed its no longer receiving SMS.