Question

Home Internet customer access to deals and promos

• 13 October 2021
  • 10 replies

Badge

I have a TMobile Home Internet account, but am not a T-Mobile customer.  T-Mobile has assigned a “phone number” to my account, but it’s not tied to a phone.  T-Mobile considers me a customer, and I am eligible to take advantage of offers like those on the “T-Mobile Tuesdays” app.  BUT…. to activate the offers you have to enter your phone number AND then receive a text with a security PIN.  Since I don’t have a device, I can’t get the text with the PIN, so I can never activate the offers.  My router does not get the PIN either.  Any one have any suggestions?  I have explored if I can receive the texts online, but without a phone I cannot.  Suggestions welcome!

10 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +9

I have a TMobile Home Internet account, but am not a T-Mobile customer.  T-Mobile has assigned a “phone number” to my account, but it’s not tied to a phone.  T-Mobile considers me a customer, and I am eligible to take advantage of offers like those on the “T-Mobile Tuesdays” app.  BUT…. to activate the offers you have to enter your phone number AND then receive a text with a security PIN.  Since I don’t have a device, I can’t get the text with the PIN, so I can never activate the offers.  My router does not get the PIN either.  Any one have any suggestions?  I have explored if I can receive the texts online, but without a phone I cannot.  Suggestions welcome!

If you have the 5G gateway, it is capable of displaying text messages by swiping the top LCD display.  No phone needed.

Userlevel 4
Badge

If you have the 5G gateway, it is capable of displaying text messages by swiping the top LCD display.  No phone needed.

This used to work for me until T-mobile pushed a new firmware. Now I am pissed its no longer receiving SMS.

I have been wondering the same thing as the router should be able to get the message with the security pin and gets all billing messages direct from tmobile but I've tried it and also tried the "resend" option just in case I erased it by accident but nothing. And there's no way to look up the messages from the router in the app either. I think that with the firmware update having caused this issue they need to apply a fix or at least allow us to view the display messages the router should be receiving in the application somewhere as well as a backup until they fix the problem.  I have missed out on several months of perks I should be getting like everyone else can and this issue along with shotty connection that always goes out daily I hope that customer service contacts me about this. I called 2 weeks ago and was told the Friday I called that they needed to put in a service request or ticket about my router and speed test fails and that the following Monday he would call me back but have not heard a thing since. Guess I need to call back in and wait on another 45min hold to speak to someone and have to explain again in detail everything I already went over with the other agent who never followed up and hope to have someone that can resolve these things for me or send a replacement router or something. 

I had wanted to switch over to the phone plan and service possibly as well after trying out the internet service but just not certain at this point based on the service I've paid for with home internet and promised speeds I have not even been close to since day 1 now going on 3 months of trial and a bunch of errors. Frustrating and hopefully we can get some answers. If I find out a work around for the router pin issue I will post a follow up. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +9

I have been wondering the same thing as the router should be able to get the message with the security pin and gets all billing messages direct from tmobile but I've tried it and also tried the "resend" option just in case I erased it by accident but nothing. And there's no way to look up the messages from the router in the app either. I think that with the firmware update having caused this issue they need to apply a fix or at least allow us to view the display messages the router should be receiving in the application somewhere as well as a backup until they fix the problem.

I just sent a text from my T-Mobile phone to the 5G gateway, and the gateway received and displayed the text on the LCD screen.  I am on software version 1.2101.00.1609.

Yes but I only have tmobile internet the grey tower and to sign up for the Tuesday deals youn need to enter the gateways assigned phone number and then it prints you to enter in the pin that is sent to that number but the message never gets sent to the tower there are no messages displayed with the activation pin...

Userlevel 6
Badge +9

Yes but I only have tmobile internet the grey tower and to sign up for the Tuesday deals youn need to enter the gateways assigned phone number and then it prints you to enter in the pin that is sent to that number but the message never gets sent to the tower there are no messages displayed with the activation pin...

Probably a stupid obvious question, but are you swiping the LCD display to get to the messages section?

The reason i ask, is that when I sent the text to the gateway, it gave me no notification that a text was received, only showing the usual signal screen.  It wasn’t until I swiped to the message section, that I actually saw the text.

Probably a stupid obvious question, but are you swiping the LCD display to get to the messages section?

The reason i ask, is that when I sent the text to the gateway, it gave me no notification that a text was received, only showing the usual signal screen.  It wasn’t until I swiped to the message section, that I actually saw the text.

Same here - I actually kept swiping to the message section because I wasn’t receiving anything. I didn’t see the code until I deleted all the old messages. Definitely buggy. 

Well same issue in a way.

because I too would like to find a way to access the TMobile Tuesday pin code sent to my gateway.

I do not have a cell phone with TM just home internet, and if I am away from home and wish to redeem an offer

how can I communicate in the app if I am not near the GATEWAY?

I would guess that some way exists to call for a message or go online and have access to the messages???

AnyOne……?

Userlevel 1
Badge

I sympathize with you.  I have spent many hours chasing these problems --- and may have resolved them.

First of all, you need to “register” your phone for the TUESDAYS promos… using the TUESDAYS app on your cell-phone.  (yes - this is complicated if you do not have a TMobile phone)   Once registered, your (non-TM) phone should be able to access and redeem offers while away from the gateway. 

So --- begin by installing the TM TUESDAYS app.  You should then use your phone to log-in using your DUMMY TM number.  That DUMMY-number is the one used for TM’s accounting purposes.  Do not use the native number of your cell-phone.

A message indicating a PIN-number should then be automatically sent.  This PIN should be received by your gateway-device… and is needed for completion of the “registration” process.  NOW --- another level of complexity may be encountered --- as you attempt to retrieve the message from the top of the gateway.   

With my Nokia gateway, the PIN-message never seemed to appear.  I attempted scrolling through multiple messages but never saw the one with the PIN.  I eventually found a solution… use my phone to send a SMS message to the DUMMY-number of the gateway.  That new message seemed to cause the message-list to scroll-down --- exposing the previous message with the PIN. 

Once the PIN was obtained, I was able to complete the registration --- and obtain access to the TUESDAYS promos.  Maybe this procedure will work for you?  Good luck!

Well the info you provide will help to install and register my gateway and home internet account. Since it seems that just lately internet customers who do not have a cell number with Tmobile can participate in the app.

The app is on my Verizon cell phone. The pin code is needed EACH TIME the app is accessed. There is my problem.

I can get the PIN code as an SMS message at the gateWay as you suggest.

I can’t however retrieve the PIN if I am mobile, away from the gateWay at home.

It seems that there are no settings in the app to change the message destination to either an email address or a regular cell phone number like my VERIZON phone. 

I appreciate Your rely, But the app won’t let me into a new day past the last PIN I supplied, and from the gateWay.

Can I call TMobile app support to have a second option for my cell number or email to receive the PIN CODE?