Question

home internet keeps dropping

• 5 August 2022
  • 8 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge

I have been a loyal customer and I have used my home internet flawlessly it stayed connected my devices stayed connected etc.

Now being with tmobile home internet for now a year and a few months now my connection always disconnects have to do resets at least 2x a day. It's frustrating I have called customer service they send me new gateway and still same issue.   I don't know what else to do hard resets don't help. Soft resets don't work. My internet now will work til maybe tomorrow morning and when I wake up will have to reset my device again

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

i dont use their home net..but out of curiosity...is there an antenna or anything to try and pull in better signal? or does it look like everyone elses modem/router?

You dont by chance live in a great coverage area but happen to live in an apartment or older house with fairly large amount of concrete used in the building of the structure?

Im NOT a handyman,  Im a mom that works at UPS, so please dont judge my lack of using the correct wordage or lack of a good decription in regards to my carpenter related ignorance.

I ask because same thing, did all the things you did and nothing ever came of it. I did buy a booster that did work (c. service really worked with me and did thier best but just couldnt do anything or understand what was up..they said the wifi booster wouldnt work, but it did..not perfect, but it doesnt drop anymore..some dead spots in my apartment is all)

Userlevel 1
Badge

i dont use their home net..but out of curiosity...is there an antenna or anything to try and pull in better signal? or does it look like everyone elses modem/router?

Its just a round cylinder and where I am at not to far from towers I get 4 bars

Userlevel 1
Badge

You dont by chance live in a great coverage area but happen to live in an apartment or older house with fairly large amount of concrete used in the building of the structure?

Im NOT a handyman,  Im a mom that works at UPS, so please dont judge my lack of using the correct wordage or lack of a good decription in regards to my carpenter related ignorance.

I ask because same thing, did all the things you did and nothing ever came of it. I did buy a booster that did work (c. service really worked with me and did thier best but just couldnt do anything or understand what was up..they said the wifi booster wouldnt work, but it did..not perfect, but it doesnt drop anymore..some dead spots in my apartment is all)

No I live in a 5th wheel trailer and not to far from nearest tower and I do get 4 bars and I do keep the unit by the window.  Just seems funny how it works perfectly for a year then after the year by the 2nd 3rd month I have to reset the gateway  either by phone or unplugging it.  Yes I did do a hard reset and that didn't help either

Userlevel 1
Badge

Now it seems every morning when I wake up I'm disconnected from the internet and have to reset the device.  It's starting to get annoying but I really have no choice as I have no other internet options.  So I do know cant be over heating issue or an congestion issue.  

Userlevel 1
Badge

Ok so far problem seems solved I called tmobile and talk to tech they sent me out another tower.  This time I didn't switch out the Sim cards but called t mobile and had them configure the Sim card that came with the unit so far so good almost a week without a rest 

•  

I have been a loyal customer and I have used my home internet flawlessly it stayed connected my devices stayed connected etc.

Now being with tmobile home internet for now a year and a few months now my connection always disconnects have to do resets at least 2x a day. It's frustrating I have called customer service they send me new gateway and still same issue.   I don't know what else to do hard resets don't help. Soft resets don't work. My internet now will work til maybe tomorrow morning and when I wake up will have to reset my device again

I had to buy a new router. Connected it to the Gateway and have had no problems since. I was restarting the Gateway every few hours.

Userlevel 1
Badge

I really haven't had any issues just seems like every year I need to get a new sim card just got a new one the other day.  Seems to be working just fine again btw. I use the following.

2 outdoor cameras

1 kangaroo doorbell camera

2 tvs

2 tablets

2 phones 

And don't miss a beat when it works like it suppose to.