Horrendous Customer Service

• 12 September 2018
  • 10 replies

I would like to start by saying that the coverage and phone service itself has been amazing and a total improvement over that of Sprint. That said, since joining in January I have had nothing but a headache trying to solve issues with customer service on my account(s). In may I switched from the One Plus to the Military One Plus and added two lines. The store added the change to the military plan no problem, but due to the fact that there was about two weeks left in the billing cycle before the new plan took effect they could now not add the phones/lines.

The store suggested creating a second account under my wife's name to activate port the lines/add the phones and that they could then be transferred over once the account had changed. We turned in the old phones for the carrier freedom, were promised the military BOGO on the Galaxy S9, and activated the plan. This was roughly the third week in May and it took until last week to get the lines squared away. In that time we have been turned down for everything promised and my wife was told by one customer service rep to "Just get a cup of coffee and calm down!"

Today we are at the point where we are almost done with T-Mobile as another rep (Jose) refused to look any further at my wife's issue in trying to get the Carrier Freedom reimbursement we were promised. At this point T-Mobile has taken our old hardware and refused to pay for their part of the agreement. The account that the phones were activated on and the old hardware taken under is now closed and T-Mobile has fought the whole way to not meet their obligations. Yesterday we spoke to William (tech id # 1242294) and he stated that he would annotate on both accounts what we had discussed and this morning the representative stated he had zero notes on the case. Now I am on another call with customer service, after being told yesterday everything was good, that we no longer qualify. Every customer service rep tells another story and gives another answer regardless of what is put into the tech notes. Now Hugo is telling me "His perspective" in a condescending tone. Hugo told me that I am just looking for a different answer to promises that T-Mobile.

We keep getting told that we are valued customers and that T-Mobile's Customer Service reputation is important, but at what point do promises matter?

10 replies

To Whom it  may concern:

I’m writing the email in great disappointment with the lack of respect, and level of in-experience, and competency of the T-Mobile Staff.  Today typifies; to the extreme, Poor Customer Service at a level that in 48 years i have never experienced. About two weeks ago i called customer service on the phone to complain that my service was extremely low and that my phone stayed at one bar, this is never happened before but it has something to do with the new location i am usually at, the Customer Service Rep (CSR), advised that a signal booster would probably fix the problem, and so he mailed me one. When it arrived it did not work, after a 35 Minute phone call with Technical Support, it was decided, he would send me another one , because this one was clearly defected. the second one , same issue , the Third unit sent to me , same issue. so i gave up. i asked what so i do with the three sets of units i have at my home. I was told to simply take them to my nearest T-Mobile store and turn them in. so i did exactly that,.When i arrived the store was PACKED with customers and only one young man working the counter (poor kid) and he was sick coughing, hacking and sneezing all over the place, He clearly should not have called in sick. I waited 45 minutes to speak with him, only to find out he did not know how to do the return process, however he contacted someone on the phone and he was able to accept one of the units and print me out a receipt, we are now at 1 hour and 20 Minutes in the store, He Gave up because by this time people were ALL were complaining about the wait time and most of them walked out, He advised that this store was not a corporate store it was only a franchise store, and that i needed to go 3 Miles for a different store where they could help, Just so happens this store is inside one of the most popular malls in Los Angeles. I get to the mall and have to drive around the PACKED parking lot for 30 Minutes to get a parking spot. i get one and head inside cut my way through the crowds with two heavy boxes, I get to the store and the line is OUT THE DOOR, but i wait because i want to get rid of these things and i certainly DO NOT WANT TO BE CHARGED for them. I wait it out and NO one in the store know what to do, it was a cluster *****.

so I called 611 and two of the young ladies working the desk called on their phones for help all three of us on the phone with T-Mobile trying to figure out how to get these units back to where them once came. after another 45 minutes they gave up , and basically told me to take the units, with me and try to ship them.  The 611 person i called refused to let me speak to a manager , put me on hold for a long time came back to the call and asked me if the problem was fixed.  Bottom line i still have these darn things i am Disabled and cannot get around  as freely as others. I asked the CSR about compensating me for my time and level of stress and anxiety this has caused me, she said have a good day sir. Aweful Aweful Aweful day..

Very Respectfully

Aaron G. Duplessis

323 508-6929

Userlevel 1
Badge +5

Customer service is allowed to promise or say anything because no one takes any responsibility for anything.

Have you received a satisfactory response from t-monile or is this just a blog that is not read by t-mobile corporate offices?

I need to talk to someone that can fix a problem and  not belittle someone with disabilities.  I am so frustrated right now and I am at work.

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

without giving any personal info..mind posting what the issue is that you are trying to get taken care of?

also the site here is primarily peer to peer assistance with a few moderators to keep the site in order only..

was made a promise for a trade in and when the phone was received T mobile changed the terms….and took 3 weeks to change their mind! today customer service laughed as this person has disabilities? and pretty much gave them nothing,

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

contact TMO through either Facebook or Twitter. no need to call plus you’ll be starting with tier 2 support instead of the call in tier 1 support.

I’ve had times on the phone (after many hours waiting and routing through multiple people that you have to keep explaining things to, starting from scratch) where they can just hang up on you, or at best it “got disconnected” and they didn’t bother to call me back. Very frustrating, so I can sympathize with the posters above.

It is probably best for you to do some troubleshooting yourself whenever possible, because you are likely going to be better at grasping the problem than a CSR. Also, T-Force on Twitter definitely seems more helpful than calling,whenever possible I suggest using them.

I find it best, in the future, to strategize from the get go to minimize any risk of an issue, and be mindful that the more expensive phone plans (T-Mobile and elsewhere) lure you with device upgrades/trade-ins that aren’t worth the cost. Google, Samsung, Best Buy and Apple are much better equipped to sell you a phone directly and you can offset this cost with a cheaper plan (most of us don’t really need postpaid unlimited, prepaid is same priority).

I would like to start by saying that the coverage and phone service itself has been amazing and a total improvement over that of Sprint. That said, since joining in January I have had nothing but a headache trying to solve issues with customer service on my account(s). In may I switched from the One Plus to the Military One Plus and added two lines. The store added the change to the military plan no problem, but due to the fact that there was about two weeks left in the billing cycle before the new plan took effect they could now not add the phones/lines.

The store suggested creating a second account under my wife's name to activate port the lines/add the phones and that they could then be transferred over once the account had changed. We turned in the old phones for the carrier freedom, were promised the military BOGO on the Galaxy S9, and activated the plan. This was roughly the third week in May and it took until last week to get the lines squared away. In that time we have been turned down for everything promised and my wife was told by one customer service rep to "Just get a cup of coffee and calm down!"

Today we are at the point where we are almost done with T-Mobile as another rep (Jose) refused to look any further at my wife's issue in trying to get the Carrier Freedom reimbursement we were promised. At this point T-Mobile has taken our old hardware and refused to pay for their part of the agreement. The account that the phones were activated on and the old hardware taken under is now closed and T-Mobile has fought the whole way to not meet their obligations. Yesterday we spoke to William (tech id # 1242294) and he stated that he would annotate on both accounts what we had discussed and this morning the representative stated he had zero notes on the case. Now I am on another call with customer service, after being told yesterday everything was good, that we no longer qualify. Every customer service rep tells another story and gives another answer regardless of what is put into the tech notes. Now Hugo is telling me "His perspective" in a condescending tone. Hugo told me that I am just looking for a different answer to promises that T-Mobile.

We keep getting told that we are valued customers and that T-Mobile's Customer Service reputation is important, but at what point do promises matter?

I am dealing with the same thing right now. UNBELIEVABLE

Badge

I have been waiting since 2/22 when i bought my phone to get my 800 trade in put on my account since the sales rep stole my trade in and never entered it.  Every week i get the call waiting on the request to go through.