Horrible customer service

I had the worst customer service from customer service rep Gabby. I called in about charges on my account and instead of addressing my concerns she kept asking for payment for the charges I was concerned about. After explaining my concerns she ridiculed me and laughed. She then proceeded to make assumptions and accusations that I will call back again with another excuse next month about charges. Gabby then stated "discounting the account is not a big deal if that's what you want". I again expressed that my concern is the charges not the discount. I want an explanation of the charges in question. Worst service in the 5 years I've had tmobile. That's absolutely intolerable and I will be switching to sprint.

12 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +13

Does tour bill through the website, my.t-mobile.com, not provide you a descriptions of the charges in question?  Billing issues are usually best addressed with Customer Care. 

Userlevel 5

Hey @magenta9231568 

I am so sorry you had a poor experience over the phone with us! We unfortunately do not have access to your billing account here on a public forum but is there a specific charge on your bill that you are concerned with?

I also just had a very unpleasant experience with my rep (ID: GTamago1). She sounded impatient and annoyed the entire time and did not offer any proactive or alternative solutions to my problem. I had been experiencing errors with my autopay and my account had been suspended due to these errors. Her solution was just to tell me to call my bank (even though I told her I had just gotten off the phone with them). She didn't even ask me if I wanted to try another method of payment as a first step of action -- I had to suggest it so that my account could be reactivated. After she took my payment and confirmed it was successful, she told me to restart my phone for reactivation and then literally just hung up on me. No "bye" or "anything else you need" and definitely did not give me a chance to ask any further questions about my account.      

Userlevel 5

Hey @jennylu 

I sincerely apologize that you had such a poor experience on the phone with us 😥 I can assure you that this is definitely not the norm. Did you still have any questions about your account that I might be able to assist you with? We do not have access to your account details here on a public forum but I would love to assist you in any way that I can.

As for the alternative payment method working, it would point to a financial institution issue. I know you said that you already spoke with your bank on this but when you used a different payment method, was it from the same bank?

I am so disappointed. I just discovered that T-Mobile outsourced. This was obvious when it took four calls and finally an hour on the phone to finally get the problem fixed.  The first agent did not know what she was talking about and everything took forever with reading scripts and following protocols.  T-Mobile went from having unbelievable customer service which was why I recommended them to people to being no different than the rest and maybe worse.  I hung up and started looking into other carriers. So disappointing.

I am not sure if the Sprint merge/take over/procurement has anything to do with the terrible/horrible/deplorable customer services but it really stinks! I can not take this anymore. I am officially moving my service back to Verizon this week. I am contacting BBB with a complete explanation of this ripoff bait and switch service. I do not recommend TMobile service.

I have been a customer for over 10 years. November and December have been thus far the most horrible, stressful, upsetting situations I've ever had with tmobile. Customer service is unbelievable. They talk and say whatever they want, they hang up, don't let you get a word in. When I ask for a supervisor she hung up on me. 11/20/19 my son was offered a upgrade at a store in our city. She said my credit wad great so we only had to pay $4.32, and the upgrade would be $5 more on our original bill, We agreed. I received a text stating how much my bill was going to be ( for some reason I no longer receive a paper bill) and My bill reflected partial insurance for the phone we returned and full charges for the new phone. This is when it went down hill.. I spoke to Keondra (wonder woman) on 12/16, she was going to forward the credit issue and charges to a dept, on 12/21 I spoke to 3 different reps (one who just had dead air and kept saying yes yes yes and hung u[, then Colby who said there is a hold on my account and it'll be released 12/27 because it was the holiday. In the meantime my account over drafted because the amount they were supposed to take was way greater then discussed. Then there is today who I called and spoke to LaQuita who said the old phone (which they received) and the new one still need to be paid. WHAT??? I said well the sales rep said he was ready for an upgrade. She said well I can't explain why she said that and sold you an upgrade but both phones need to be paid, I asked for a supervisor , at  this point we were on the phone 45 minutes and she said hold on and then 5 minutes later she disconnected the call. I am so upset with the service and customer service, I am looking elsewhere. I was also told by Keondra that whatsapp is no longer free, you need to be on airplane mode ir you will be charged. I hope this gets to corporate or someone at TMO who cares

Why do you only have a one-time forgiveness for missed payment arrangements even if the customer has been with this company for 10 to 15 years? You have no hardship program? And the customer service rep I talked to had an incredibly bad attitude. And your overseas customer service reps are not in touch apparently with the US customer reps because I was told one thing yesterday and different thing today. So I guess my question is is why can't T-Mobile stay consistent and show leniency to struggling blue collar workers?

Why do you only have a one-time forgiveness for missed payment arrangements even if the customer has been with this company for 10 to 15 years? You have no hardship program? And the customer service rep I talked to had an incredibly bad attitude. And your overseas customer service reps are not in touch apparently with the US customer reps because I was told one thing yesterday and different thing today. So I guess my question is is why can't T-Mobile stay consistent and show leniency to struggling blue collar workers?

T-Mo really DID have best customer svce of all carriers.  I bragged on it to people incl family.  Now my bro just switched his whole family, bought new phones, etc.  Been nothing but hrs + hrs of nightmares + probs are still not resolved.  Last wk, after working on these issues w/reps in chatbox for over 2 hrs, I was abruptly ghosted precisely when it was time to implement agreed-upon solution.  Never thought it possible but they're actually making former Sprint + AT&T Cust Svce look good.   I'm embarrassed I made T-Mo recommendation, am suggesting he box everything up + return it, switch to Verizon before 30 days are up. We're out door right behind him. Life's too short to spend it dealing with cell cust svce.

I’ve generally had good experience with tmobile which is why I have stayed with them for so long but my recent service experience was awful. I wanted to make a change to my account, started out fine but she needed to connect me with new account person. Waited 45 minutes on hold before I gave up. Called in again, talked to someone who was going to connect me directly but the call dropped or she hung up. Tried a third time, on hold to the 611 number - my personal team of experts!!! Gave up after ten minutes. It seems their service has gone down the tubes since the Sprint merger and Legere left. 

I wasted 3 hours getting a problem resolved with an overcharge on data that I did not ask to buy. The first rep offered to continue the pandemic related data increase on my account  for a month and then check back with me to see what he could offer in terms of increased data for my (very old and low data) plan. Instead he just signed me up for an increased amount of data at $30 a month for an extra 8 gigs (a ridiculously bad deal). Customer care number 2 (so far both outsourced from the Phillipines with very poor grasp of American English and reading off of scripts instead of conducting an actual conversation), said that they could only take off ½ of the overcharge, and stated that I had signed up for more data (not true) and so had to pay. Finally customer care number 3 suggested a plan that got me unlimited data for my 2 devices with less than $5 a month more in charges. This one actually spoke English and did their job beyond reproach, but I am still incensed that Tmobile has downgraded their customer service to such an extent. I’m pretty sure the only reason I didn’t get another outsourced rep was that I asked to be referred to a representative where I could file a customer service complaint.