Horrible customer service and experience while upgrading

• 30 November 2022
  • 0 replies

Badge

My nightmare started when i decided to upgrade our 4 iphone 11s to iphone 14 pro max.

Tmobile was running a promotion to upgrade all lines as long as we are on Magenta Max plan.

So first i went online to upgrade to avoid the $35 per line upgrade charge. the on-line site was hardly helpful, after spending a lot of time and still unable to figure out i called customer service.

The rep was nice. Said that she added all lines for upgrade and added promotion to all of them . but was charges $35*4+taxes or the new phones and also had to upgrade my plan to Magenta Max to be eligible.

After i received the phones after 30 day wait. i called customer service to get the mailing labels. To my surprise i was told that the promotion was only added to one line. and the other 3 phones have no promotion. so i would have to pay 1100*3.  After a long time spent , the CSR talked to a manager and came up with this plan. return the 3 phones without promotion and tmobile will send 3 brand new phones with promotion added. I thought this was stupid, since we have already switched to the new phones. now we need to switch again and return them.

So went through the process and returned the 3 new iphone 14 pro max and also my old 4 iphone 11’s as part of the upgrade.

Then i got the oct bill with me showing 7 iphone 14’s and installment payments on all 7 while i had already returned 3. Called CSR again , they told me it will be corrected in Nov bill. So after i got the nov bill i still see 7 phones and 7 installment payments and instead of 800 cashback they added the wrong promotion 400 cashback on 3 of the phones.

I must have made at least 6 calls and spent 1 ½ each on the phone during each call explaining the stuff again and again. None of them seem to get it. it is very frustrating and annoying and a huge waste of my time. Finally got to talk to a manager who seems to understand the issue and said it will be corrected by next month.

i am still keeping my fingers crossed. The CSR’s are trying to help but in my view are not knowledgeable. They have a hard time figuring out the line items in the bill and they either forget to add the promotions on the upgrades or add the incorrect promotions. I would have avoided all this headache if the first CSR had done his job of adding the right promotions. I just want this recurring nightmare to end.

0 replies

Be the first to reply!