Question

Hotspot return after cancelling hotspot line

• 9 October 2021
  • 2 replies

Badge

Hi,

I cancelled my hotspot due to lack of coverage where needed.  During the cancellation I was told I did not need to return the hotspot. I was also told my account was closed with a zero balance after I made payments for the month I had the device. This was also confirmed at a T-mobile store as I tried to just return the device I no longer needed in person.  At the store they said my account was closed, my balance was zero, and they did not want the device suggesting I keep it. 

A month later I received a $322 bill for the device.  I called customer service again, they told me they would suspend the charge but told me now that I needed to return the device.  They said they would email me a return label for the device.  The label never arrived but a notice from a collections department arrived instead.  I disputed the charge with the collections, called customer service again.  After speaking to 2 agents they again told me a label would be sent.  No label ever arrived.

I have now probably spent at least 4 hours on hold and on the phone with at more than 6 different customer service representatives from T-mobile.  The mifi unit return label has still not been received and I am concerned they would prefer to send me to collections than do what they promise to do.

Has anybody ever sued T-mobile successfully in small claims court?

2 replies

Same story for me trying to return MI-FI device.  Have badge numbers for 3 Customer Care Agents who all promised I would receive an email with the return label within 24 hours. Never received a email from any of them, They are all reading from the same script.  Local T-Mobile tells me I HAVE TO CALL Customer Care,  Had Verizon phones for 20 years and only switched to TMobile in order to get the mobile hot spot which came no where near close to meeting my needs,  Can’t wait to switch back to Verizon

Badge

Your chances of getting into court is slim.  i hade a dispute with AT&T (T-Mobile parent company) attorneys would not touch the case AT&T were to big.  The very best of luck, and keep an eye on your credit report!