Solved

How can i check on my phone's unlock status? I placed the request already.

• 1 August 2018
  • 9 replies

How can i check on my phone's unlock status?  I placed the request already.

icon

Best answer by gramps28 1 August 2018, 02:35

View original

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Tmobile will send you an email to let you know if the request was approved or not usually within 24-48 hours.

Userlevel 4

Just checking in here to see if you got your unlock email?

I did and I fwd it to the person that purchased the phone. The problem is that the person that bought the phone I sold is still being told that it is locked (so they say) so I was hoping to do an IMEI check online and send them a screenshot.  The phone is completely paid off so that isn’t the problem.

I tried using t-mobile.com/verifyIMEI.aspx but kept getting an error to try later. 

Userlevel 5

Is it an iPhone or other?

iPhones need to be connected to iTunes and reset or something like that.

Other phones will ask for the unlock code to be input when a non-T-Mobile SIM is put in.

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

Right, what kind of phone is it?  Contemporary Android devices unlock using an app directly on the phone while iPhones have to be connected to iTunes and a master reset performed before they are officially unlocked (if a non-T-Mobile SIM isn't available, otherwise inserting it after the waiting period described in the e-mail will cause the unlock automatically)

"Tmobile will send you an email to let you know if the request was approved or not usually within 24-48 hours."

Actually that is not true. In 15 days I have called support 4 times to check the status of the unlock. Every time I called they wanted me to verify my email. Finally after 15 days they told me yes, it was unlocked. I said where is the email? I did not get any email. They said well, the email was sent out. I said I had to verify it 4 times with 4 reps. Can you send it out again? They said no, they can only send it out once.

T-Mobile had an AWFUL support! This entire procedure was completely unprofessional and frustrating experience. Even now the only way I can verify if T-Mobile has really unlocked the phone is to get another SIM from a different carrier and test it - simply because they cannot send out an email. Unbelievable!

I'm happy John Legere got paid for all this.

It would be a no brainer for them to setup a page where you can enter your IEMI and it would tell you if you phone is locked or not.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Was the request for an iPhone?

yes

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

If it's an iPhone and the request was approved but didn't get an email you can

hook it up to iTunes to unlock it.

How to unlock your iPhone for use with a different carrier - Apple Support