Solved

How can I contact the Fraud Department?

Userlevel 1

Does anyone have an unpublished way to contact the Fraud Department?

This whole setup at T-Mobile is pathetic. This internal department exists that can deactivate an account on a whim, and no one can contact them. Customer Care can't get a hold of them; the number they used to have was deactivated. The store support teams can't contact them; the best they can do is open a case and wait to hear back.

How is this acceptable when T-Mobile sells itself as the friendly, no BS carrier? I'm paid up on my charges (it's a brand new account), but my account was marked fraudulent in the middle of a porting process. You deactivated not only my T-Mobile services, but also terminated my old carrier's plan due to the port. I also have no guarantee as of now that I'll be keeping my number.

Everyone I contact just quotes the standard "24 to 48 hours" response for fraud responses, but that's unacceptable.

If you don't know what I'm talking about, pray that you never travel frequently or try to make account changes while travelling. T-Mobile will make getting basic cellular service an absolute hell.

icon

Best answer by trogdor1138 1 August 2018, 00:54

View original

27 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

First of all- love your name! TROGDOOOOOOOOOR!

ANYWAY, I hate that you're having this problem.  Sadly, there's not a way to contact fraud directly; the rep creates a case and submits information and they reach out to appropriate parties.  I would recommend reaching out to T-Force via Twitter or Facebook, they'll be able to check your account and see when the claim was filed and the status of it. 

Userlevel 1

Right, but that's the problem.

Why can't I contact them? Who decided this was acceptable? This is absolutely not a good experience.

I just moved back to the US from Germany. With Deutsche Telekom (the German parent company) I could verify my identity from a laptop or cell phone over the web. Takes all of 10 minutes; if that.

Here, with the supposed "un-carrier" there's no way to directly deal with this issue or follow up. T-Mobile's own employees can't do anything!

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

I understand how frustrating this is but did you try reaching out to T-Force?

Userlevel 1

Yes, I just did. I'll update on what their response is.

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

Great! I'll keep my fingers crossed that you get a good resolution!

Userlevel 1

Nope, still no resolution. The T-Force team tries to be helpful and are very friendly, but they can't do more than open a ticket on this either. Filed an issue and now we wait for a response, like everyone else I've contacted previously.

If T-Mobile has internal review meetings, this really needs to be brought up. It works over us customers because we're stuck with no answers and not receiving the thing we're paying for. It screws over employees because they have to follow the company line of "I understand... I apologize for..." and can't solve the actual problem.

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

I'm sorry that you didn't get the immediate answer you were looking for but I hope that a new ticket will escalate the problem and get the right folks to take notice!  I'm just curious though, do you know why your account was flagged in the middle of the porting process?

Userlevel 4

Just checking in on the question above! 😊

-Lauren

Userlevel 1

Well, my individual problem was finally resolved today, but I think the bigger issue is how the whole fraud department and verification process work. Since posting the above:

- Fraud department on Monday added a memo to my account that they never saw what we submitted from the local store on Friday

- We faxed the documentation again on Monday, from the same store

- The fraud department decided that what I sent wasn't good enough

- I submitted a different document today over lunch that was finally accepted

Ultimately, about a week total of no service when I wasn't negligent on dues, I'm not defrauding anyone, etc.

I'm marking this as the answer, but there really is no answer. The best you can do is to try and involve as many people as possible, and I did engage the T-Force team via Facebook. They were very helpful, to the extent they could be, but even they are at the mercy of the fraud department.

I can't speak for every circumstance, but in my case restoring service to my valid account was very painful. I think (maybe because of the porting scam earlier in the year) the balance is too far to the side of security vs. usability.

Hello

I now also have an issue with T-Mobile Fraud department

I switched to T-Mobile in March/April this year(2018) from 18+ years with Verizon

I am retired and travel to Europe at least 2 times each year and with Verizon High Charges for usage...

i usually purchased the country i'm visiting SIM card to use in my phone.  But I met people in my travels that told me T-Mobile includes European usage in American plan at no extra charge.  So i switched.

LOL ... T-Mobile European network is 2G ... i obviously did not read this.  Anyway my first trip to Europe was April (2018) when i first became T-Mobile customer.

2G was not very good, so i attempted to put in the country SIM card into my phone.  But T-Mobile does Not Unlock my New Phone until you are customer for at least 45 days.  I found out after trying to Unlock and put in a SIM card.  Chat Support told me about the 45 days.  This was my April trip.

Anyway I just did another trip this month September (2018).  Prior to leaving i contacted Support about Unlock my phone, they told me Yes.  I get to where i'm going and go to install the country SIM card, but phone is not Unlocked.  I contacted Chat Support again and was informed to use the T-Mobile Unlock Device App and everything will work.  No!!! ... I tried numerous time to Unlock and put in a SIM card ..phone not Unlocked.  Again contacted Chat Support and this time was told i can only use Unlock Device App when in US on T-Mobile Network not T-Mobile European Network.  So again I had 2G service.

Unfortunately my phone was stolen this trip.  I purchased a cheap cellphone to use.  I contacted T-Mobile to report that my phone was stolen. They deactivated phone.  I had insurance with getting a replacement phone but only when I am at my home to receive.  I returned home. Received my phone.

But when i went to T-Mobile store to get activated the store person found that Fraud Department had put BLOCK on phone.. No Explanation why? But I was told in 24 hours they would get response from Fraud and resolve.  When I returned home from store I call T-Mobile for explanation as to why Fraud Blocked my replacement phone I just received.  After a conversation and support person searching we came to conclusion it was because I had tried to use Unlock Device App more than once when i was in Europe.

Now it is bad enough losing your phone with 2 weeks remaining on vacation not to mention all photos on phone SD card lost.  But I get home receive replacement phone and still don't have a phone because Fraud Blocked.  It had already been 2 weeks since I reported it stolen.  But I was not informed about until the T-Mobile store tried to activate my replacement phone.

And Fraud does not contact me when they finish investigation. Only a T-Mobile person.. So I wait and a hit & miss contacting store to see if they received an answer.

Hmmmmmmmmmm

@tmo_lauren in answer to your email

It was because I followed T-Mobile Online Chat Support recommendations to use Unlock Device app

I try too many times unsiccessfully and it Flagged Fraud department

But they (Fraud Department) neglected to view the T-Mobile online Chat Support logs to see it happened.

Right hand vs Left hand )

I am having the same issue and it is super problematic. My phone was stolen and after 4 days I am not yet able to use the replacement phone as the sim is blocked by this phantomatic fraud department

I have my cryptocurrency codes and I cannot access anything until they make the sim working again as each service requires a TXT to be sent to the phone. I cannot download app not even get into i-cloud or gmail

I need my phone active again very rapidly and also I want at least a system like UPS or Fededx where you can check the processing status and also submit inquires.

This is really bad service and the number of comments on this page just tell you how angered are people I am losing my mind on this

The 24 hours have gone by and I contacted again the support. The support told me that the fraud department called me at my "non activated number" as they did not know I could not answer and than put in their notes that the customer should  go again to the store to again verify the  identity again while calling them.

If I had not called the support nobody let me know that this is the situation. Not only this but they do not really provide a certain method to get hold of them.
I went to the store yesterday and it was very difficult to submit the request.

The store manager told me he cannot contact the fraud department directly therefore what is the point in asking me to go to the store again?
How will the process be different this time around?

The 24 hours have gone by and I contacted again the support. The support told me that the fraud department called me at my "non activated number" as they did not know I could not answer and than put in their notes that the customer should  go again to the store to again verify the  identity again while calling them.

If I had not called the support nobody let me know that this is the situation. Not only this but they do not really provide a certain method to get hold of them.
I went to the store yesterday and it was very difficult to submit the request.

The store manager told me he cannot contact the fraud department directly therefore what is the point in asking me to go to the store again?
How will the process be different this time around?

People close to me are having similar problems now. T-Mobile should be sued over these practices. T-Mobile authorized a 3rd party to sell T-Mobile accounts. That company just opened up one account with hundreds or thousands of lines and sold them at a markup. One day T-Mobile canceled the account and all the numbers under it. All the customers were left without service without any prior notifications or warnings. You can imagine how difficult it is to lose your number after having it for years. These days everything is connected to your phone number. When the victims of this fraud attempted to open up a new account with T-Mobile and retrieve their number, all customer service would say is that we have to mail a letter to the fraud department. That is unreasonably slow, you can’t go without access to your accounts connected to that phone number for that length of time. It means accepting you lost that number, getting a new one, and attempting to get back into your bank account, work account, school account, and whatever else was using your phone number for authentication, as well as having to inform everyone of your new number and all the other headaches that come along with this. On the other hand, if you were able to call the department that canceled your number, perhaps you could resolve the issue in a timely and useful fashion.

Having this exact same problem. I'm done with TMobile. 

Having the same issues today!  Had main account holder go to Tmobile store to show ID.  Even though I'm an authorized user I can't do anything!  My mom is older and doesn't due tech things.  But we wanted the 55 and over plan to save $.  I had been with Tmobile g or years and years prior to this.  The store called the fraud department and they said they will reset the account on Sunday.  Today is Christmas eve.  So we all don't have phones over Christmas to call or talked to loved ones.  I'm furious so say the least!

12/11 - fraudulent activity was detected and reported to t-mo rep who forwarded all findings to fraud department 

1st off, phones were purchased at two different locations 30+ mi away from home. 2nd, I called t-mo the day the lines were opened to report it was fraud. I was initially told all the lines would be disconnected and that I wouldn’t have to worry about any charges. Then I’m told to allow the lines to stay active so they can “investigate”. 

12/21 - waited ten days just to be told they could not find any fraudulent activity. What was the point of their stupid investigation??? 

Now I am forced to file a police report and to top it all off, IM ON THE HOOK for the phones that were fraudulently purchased. So I am going to end up paying 3-4 grand for all this without any possible reimbursement at this time. 

THANKS T-MO! Grade A investigation 👍

I finally got an email address that I got an almost instant reply from the Fraud department on.

fmsupport@t-mobile.com

I have the exact problem as noted below, phone locked by fraud in the middle or porting process.  I have been without cell service for 8 days now!!!!!!!! I have been given the complete run around.  They can check ALL the documentation on my record regarding the countless calls and hours on the phone with ‘customer service’; countless texts to 611 and at least 10 hours in the mobile retail store and STILL DONT have my phone number back!!!!!! I had my previous carrier for 6 years with no problems at all.  Now team mobile has MY cell number locked!!!!!!!!!  My parents are in their 90s and in poor health and i have to borrow friends phones to speak with them!!!!!!!! .  T-Mobile refuses to reactivate my account even though I have provided all the information necessary!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I anyone knows a way to get this resolved please help me…...

• 4 replies

Does anyone have an unpublished way to contact the Fraud Department?

This whole setup at T-Mobile is pathetic. This internal department exists that can deactivate an account on a whim, and no one can contact them. Customer Care can't get a hold of them; the number they used to have was deactivated. The store support teams can't contact them; the best they can do is open a case and wait to hear back.

How is this acceptable when T-Mobile sells itself as the friendly, no BS carrier? I'm paid up on my charges (it's a brand new account), but my account was marked fraudulent in the middle of a porting process. You deactivated not only my T-Mobile services, but also terminated my old carrier's plan due to the port. I also have no guarantee as of now that I'll be keeping my number.

Everyone I contact just quotes the standard "24 to 48 hours" response for fraud responses, but that's unacceptable.

If you don't know what I'm talking about, pray that you never travel frequently or try to make account changes while travelling. T-Mobile will make getting basic cellular service an absolute hell.

Contact the FCC and FTC. They cannot handle all individuals cases but will get you the information of the people who can help. Look up The consumer officers in your state. I'm in Texas and 1 of the locations for my consumer officers is the attorney general office which I'll be contacting in the morning. They have been commiting fraud on my account. Making account changed without my authorization. Charging me $13.00 a month for I phone insurance, for 3 years, when I've never owned an I phone or purchased one. I already tried to formally resolve this issue but I'm ready for arbitration. Just like they charge late fees, and line reinstatement fees. If you miss 1 month of payments they cut your services. I want 3 years of that plus interest and I will not be accepting peanuts. Hope this helps

I to have been battling a problem with contacting the fraud department. I have talked to 2 associates on the phone. I have chatted with 2 associates online. I talked with the store manager in Bellingham wa 2 days ago. Still haven't heard anything back. I've been trying to buy a new phone. And they put a block on my account to buy anything online or over the phone without my knowledge. My account is paid on time or early every month. And I've been a tmobile customers for a long time. They keep telling me to go into a store. Well if it were that easy. I would have. I'm high risk. And, with a pandemic going on. I can't just go in there. I'm extremely angry. Ready to switch carriers. I have never been so frustrated and irritated with anyone as much as I am with them. Horrible customer service.  Terrible. Wouldn't

Recommend tmobile to anyone. 

Received a Bill from T-Mobile  From P.O. Box 742596  April 28, 2022 for $2447.20 Fraud account #

980374867.     This is a Fraudulent charge by someone who stole my Idenity . I contacted T-Moble  several times since April 2, 2022 and the personal at T-mobile told me not to pay this bill and it was turned over to T-Mobile Fraud team. Have filed a Police report April 2, 2022 Bedford County Sherff in Bedford County Virginia with Sgt Peterson at 540 586 4800 Police report # 2022062257. Have talked to  

a EJ Marcus at ext 037804210 on April 18, 2022 also Tomasena in Kansas City April 30, 2022 and Jermemy on line all with T-Mobile. These conversations were recorded and filed. All of these personal  told me not to pay this Fraudulent billing. I keep getting bills to this Fraudulant account and apparently someone at T-Mobile is not doing there Job.

Please look into this situation and correct it as this would affect my credit score

T-Mobile claim # 1100674271

WAYNE KULM

3307 Cottontown Road

Forest, VA 24551

waynekulm@hotmail.com

812 213 6310

Please contact me by email  or USPS mail as to the results of this infestation ASAP

Userlevel 6
Badge +9

WAYNE KULM

3307 Cottontown Road

Forest, VA 24551

waynekulm@hotmail.com

812 213 6310

You are probably opening a can of worms by posting your private info here.

https://www.truepeoplesearch.com/find/person/pxrrn064r04n8lnrl080

https://nuwber.com/person/563a28c005a684fe712325f4