Question

how did you safely enroll in McAfee identity theft protection offered by T-Mobile to its customers affected by data breach?

• 24 August 2021
  • 9 replies

Badge

T-Mobile website says to request the offered McAfee coverage and await an email from McAfee with link to Complete Enrollment Now.  An email is sitting in my spam filter from xggrrpdjrvhtddjbsgrtdbvcrcscsgtjbskphpl@mail.idtheftprotection.mcafee.com but I don’t know whether it is safe.  If you used used a link in an email from this address, were you able to set up the offered McAfee id theft protection through it?  thanks for any help.

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Try this link to claim the MacAfee.

https://www.t-mobile.com/brand/data-breach-2021

I want to know how to cancel this service. I really don’t need it. I have another that does the same thing this website does. For the last two days, I been calling several numbers, no luck. T-Mobile says, contact MacAfee. MacAfee says contact T-Mobile. i need a legit phone number to cancel.

Badge

I registered but no link from MacAfee(?). Too busy with damage control?

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

I registered but no link from MacAfee(?). Too busy with damage control?

I found both of mine (for two different lines) in the spam folder. 

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

T-Mobile website says to request the offered McAfee coverage and await an email from McAfee with link to Complete Enrollment Now.  An email is sitting in my spam filter from xggrrpdjrvhtddjbsgrtdbvcrcscsgtjbskphpl@mail.idtheftprotection.mcafee.com but I don’t know whether it is safe.  If you used used a link in an email from this address, were you able to set up the offered McAfee id theft protection through it?  thanks for any help.

Yes, that link is specific to you (the front past of the email before the “@” so I wouldn’t be advertising it. Mine also arrived in my spam folder (two for two lines) and I have successfully enrolled. Any changes you make will also trigger an email from the domain “mail.idtheftprotection.mcafee.com”.

From one such email:

“If you have any questions, please contact our Support Team: 

T-Mobile customers call – 855-223-8057”

I am worried. Also. Wonder if those emails are legit.  The ones that say IT on pink I think they're scams. Now the green labeled MM I think is legit.  

I am worried because I followed all the promps kind of wondering why ut was asking for my  social security number, date of birth and more. Unfortunately, I did answered all those questions.... I am so upset now be abuse there's no way I. An go back to it and fix it. I was kicked out of he page and I can't log in anymore. Now, I went to my tmobile  app and from there I was able to go to Mcfree and that's how I registered and got the other email. I am so frustrated it I can't go to sleep. 

Got my credit card use only for Tmobile payment hacked. Found the McAfee claim link, put in my email and phone #. Got a message saying number already submitted, even though this is my first time did. Call TMobile rep, said I have to call McAfee at 1-855-223-8057 to figure this out. Conveniently McAfee is having ‘technical difficulties’ and asked me to call them back in 1 hour and then hang up on me. I’ve been TMobile customer for years but it seems it is time to change to Verizon. Dealing with 1 incompetent company is stressful enough, now dealing with 2 incompetent companies (TMobile and McAfee) is a deal breaker. 

I want to know how to cancel this service. I really don’t need it. I have another that does the same thing this website does. For the last two days, I been calling several numbers, no luck. T-Mobile says, contact MacAfee. MacAfee says contact T-Mobile. i need a legit phone number to cancel.

==================

I COMPLETELY AGREE!!!  I have NEVER experienced SO MUCH finger pointing in my life!!  I spent TWO weeks of the blame game trying to resolve an issue.  In the end - I had to figure something out on my own.  I hope you find a resolution.  If nothing else contact your state’s attorney general’s office.  Most often they all have an online form you can find and submit.

I got signed up with the service… with some difficulty, but afterwards it was FAR WORSE!  It’s an absolute JOKE, and the WORST customer service.  I won’t go into the deplorable experiences I’ve had with McAfee support.  So I’m thinking about cancelling this, too!  

It’s NOT even “real” monitoring.  You have no kind of special access with Experian, which I had found somewhere implied.  Some of the info I received was helpful, but I can’t believe being abused by McAfee support for two years is going to prove helpful. 

Badge

Amen. And it is Tmobile not McAfee that is at fault. Unbelievably bad customer service. It was only our data that was breached...nothing too serious.:tired_face: