Question

How do I check data usage?

• 20 April 2021
  • 5 replies

Badge
  • First activity
  • 2 replies

I have a prepaid plan, how do I check my data usage? 

What doesn’t work:

• My.Tmobile.com account page - only shown GB increments, I need finer details
  • #932# or #web# - gives “Error performing request / Unknown Error”
  • iPhone app - account screen is completely blank

The only method that worked for the past year has been the #932# text automated response.  That stopped working a few days ago.  The website account details are too vague, for the past week it shows I’ve used 3GB.  If I use 2.01GB it shows 3GB, it doesn’t help at all.

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

Unfortunately tmobile doesn't have detailed billing for prepaid plans which may be the problem.

Badge

Hi gramps28.  As I said though, until a few days ago I could get fine details via the #932# text response. 

#932# would tell me to the hundredth GB my total usage and usage against my account (the usage minus the free video / audio usage).  For example, last Friday it showed I had used 2.33GB towards my data allotment, and 2.87GB total data usage.

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

I was referring to tmobile. com and the data usage that shows.

Have you reached out to support on one of tmobile's social media platforms using messenger. They may be able to help you with this better than a user to user forum with some tmobile moderation.

Badge

No, I have no idea about how to contact them with social media.  By messenger, do you mean FaceBook messenger?  I avoid social media as much as possible, so that’s my last resort.  This forum is where tmobile’s support links lead to, so that’s what I used.

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

You go to tmobile's page and can messenger them from there.

@tmo_mike_c