Solved

how do i connect my samsung s20 phone to my stereo system?

• 23 April 2020
  • 4 replies

i am trying to connect my samsung s20 to my home stereo to play pandora through the households main speaker system. the stereo is an older system, so wireless or bluetooth technology isn't available. is there a speaker cord that i can buy to connect my phone to the stereo?

thanks

icon

Best answer by syaoran 23 April 2020, 03:45

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Usually Bluetooth is the easiest way.  If your receiver allows for a USB source for media, then you could potentially connect it through that port and cable.  With my two Onkyo systems, I use Bluetooth because they make it so easy.

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

syaoran left some great suggestions. Have you tried them to see if any work for you?

unfortunately, our stereo is to old for Bluetooth technology. i don't think it even has a usb connection. we have decided it best to buy an updated stereo receiver with Bluetooth technology. that should solve our problem.

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Okay.  If you want to try something else with your old equipment, you could use the USB-C to headphone connector and then get a headphone jack to RCA red and white connectors depending on your choices for I puts.  You could even snip off the banana connectors on good quality cables to put the bare copper on speaker twist connectors.