Solved

how do i get my $100 virtual gift card for switching to t mobile

• 12 October 2022
  • 16 replies

Badge

I recently became a t mobile customer on Friday this past weekend and it said if I switch to t mobile I get a $100 prepaid MasterCard well I submitted my claim and when I check the status it says submission has been received and the promotion reward it says received but I have not received it yet or a text saying I got it what do I do to get the $100 card and who do I ask I guess call t mobile customer support?! And should I go to TMobile and trade in my old device because I purchased a new phone offline on T-Mobile.com and passed the credit check and now have a contract is there anything else I should do to get this prepaid MasterCard?!

icon

Best answer by Omaof4 31 March 2023, 17:37

View original

16 replies

Same here.  Status is received but it gives no further instructions.

I filled out everything they said, checked every email, was eligible and repeatedly told I would receive it but never did. It wasn't a deal breaker of course but definitely a disappointment.

Well.  It seems very scammy to me.  What's the big secret?  It should not take very long to offer a rebate.  T mobile is run by criminals.

Still waiting for mine… So far, crickets.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Have you checked the status of the submission?

https://promotions.t-mobile.com/

Same here. I followed the link(s) that we’re emailed to me and filled everything out. When I switched to T-mobile I was told that it might take two billing cycles until the virtual debit cards would be available. These billing cycles have come and gone, the bills were paid on time and still no cards. I’m talking about a total of $500. That’s a lot of money….

I sign up in early Jan. with a new router..now ware is my $100 gift card .

Has anyone gotten it yet? I signed up right before Christmas, status says received but I've got nothing still

Update:

I spoke with a representative yesterday and was told the promotions are processed 60 days after they were submitted. Upon approval the electronic prepaid Mastercards will be sent out. I will be notified via email and text. For me it means some time early March. We’ll see. I’ll update when something happens. 

What is the promo code for the rebate

Which one? I have one for internet and the other one for the phone line. You should’ve gotten an email with a link for the submission, too. Mine included the promo code(s).

So here it is almost April. Signed up end of December. Still says "received". But no gift card. I've called several times, just keep getting pushed off the next representative until I give up and hang up. On the one occasion I was given a different number, I was given the number to a scam health care finder. I won't want the service if they're just liars

Our service is super slow too. 

Badge

Congrats, you all got scammed by T-Mobile. Hope you enjoy your legally binding 3yr contracts you can’t break without a huge fine.

@deathsia, we don’t have a contract, so that’s definitely in our favor. 
I found out that the Visa card for internet was approved, but the ones for the two phone lines that were carried over were denied. I called, spoke with a nice representative, and within 10 minutes everything was fixed. She approved both cards, and a couple of days later I had the virtual cards (plastic cards take about 7-10 business days after they’re requested upon activation). I’m satisfied. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

usually you are contacted via email for this. make sure yall check your spam folder as well in case it pushed it over there instead.

Same