How do i get US based support?

• 2 February 2022
  • 44 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge

T-Mobile support has become an absolute joke.  Their slogan of “no jumping from agent to agent” is an outright lie.  The overseas call center doesn't know how to use the tools, cannot understand simple English and incompetent is an understatement.  There appears to be no one working in the US anymore and I cannot even get a straight answer on what my payoff is to transfer to another carrier.

44 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

either call very early in the morning..or try contacting them through either Facebook or Twitter..

Userlevel 4
Badge

I have made and received 40+ calls in the last 10 days alone between 6am and 5pm PST and every single one of them has been overseas support.

The mobile app chat is also overseas support at all hours of the day.

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

by mobile chat app are you meaning through Facebook or Twitter..or the TMO app? difference between those

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

I had a very nice chat the other day with a Philippines-based agent, Areen. I asked if she was in Birmingham. She was just that good.  

ditto on all foreign support complaints, 1am CST and you STILL get stuck with the ill-mannered creeps from phillipines...just brutal

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

ditto on all foreign support complaints, 1am CST and you STILL get stuck with the ill-mannered creeps from phillipines...just brutal

theres always the Facebook/Twitter route

Userlevel 2
Badge

I am so sick and tired of dealing with the philippines you can’t even imagine.  They do not know what they are talking about first off.  Second off their way of resolving is by making you wait pretending they are doing something, pretending they have the answer and repeating it over and over until you hand up, and the last my favorite they talk and talk and explain and explain for so long that you just give up.  All those have happened to me.  With Amazon too.  These companies should no longer be allowed to sell in the U.S if they cannot offer one of the most essential pillars of a company such as customer support?  This was argueing with me trying to tell me how I get billed retro-actively which is fine thats what happens.  I got billed on April 15th for my March to April Bill.  The problem was that it was more than double.  I asked her why was I billed so much?  I had pay already for the March bill so what the heck.  So she kept repeating and changing it up between oh because you are paying for april to march and she would switch to oh you are paying for feb to april.  Get it?  Get it?  She would say.  I was going to say yea i get that……… use your imagination on the rest.  Its not their fault though,  They are poorly trained, poorly paid, and for someone who has lived abroad for years at a time, I can say with absolute confidence that work ethic is not the as good anywhere as here.  They make billions of dollars but are too cheap to for U.S based customer support.  Well  T-Mobile or should I say Telekom(their real name german company) and Like Schwarzenegger said “I wont be back”. 

Userlevel 2
Badge

Also, if you look at the pictures they have of their staff in the U.S its the same 6 people in all pictures if you look around.  They say they are customer focused and bla bla bla and they won awards for it.  Well I highly doubt that.  They may have won awards in the past for customer support but not anymore.  T-Mobile should get out of the U.S and move to the Philippines with their service.  I mean if they are too cheap to pay U.S salaries why should we stay with them?  Just to get even more pissed off after a long work day having to deal with Timothy or Cynthia who has an accent thicker .  Each time I call and demand they give me their real name not this fake pretending crap.  Its so stupid.  I mean seriously T-Mobile thinks we are that dumb to believe that Robert Reagan(I spoke to one of those too) from customer support who cant pronounce my name Bob is in america.  the company that is.  

Userlevel 2
Badge

Ahh and my post wont even post as they have to be varified by moderators.  Boooohoooo.  

Userlevel 2
Badge

Tmobile is a joke.

Userlevel 4
Badge +5

i have had good succuss using 611 from my phone. no long waits or overseas responders when i call 

T-Mobile support has become an absolute joke.  Their slogan of “no jumping from agent to agent” is an outright lie.  The overseas call center doesn't know how to use the tools, cannot understand simple English and incompetent is an understatement.  There appears to be no one working in the US anymore and I cannot even get a straight answer on what my payoff is to transfer to another carrier.

This is something I’d pay for. Two weeks ago I called and got the Manila call center and spoke with an agent who was acting very immature and or under the influence. He was also flirting with me instead of doing his job.  I wanted an unused line cancelled and after 20 minutes of being told this call centers favorite line “just bear with me” my transactions was not completed.  I then asked for a supervisor and dealt with another “10 minutes” of laughing at me” I asked to be transferred to the US and the rep hung up. Later he cancelled my primary line.  After the call it took another hour to get my phone line correct. 

I would not recommend T-mobile and I will likely soon switch to Verizon

Userlevel 2
Badge

It happens everytime i call or chat with support.  After 15 years of being with t-mobile even while in europe(whom by way deal with their own support people) I am done.  Today was the last chance to help me.  I spent over an hour on chats with Sue Storm from Malaysia of god knows where only to tell me to do what i have already explained to her i have done in regards to setting up Digits and then to tell me that she needs to transfer me to technical support.  Even though she was technical support.  This company takes all Americans for idiots i can only assume, as they think that giving Deepak Chopra an English name will mask the fact that a. He doesnt know anything and b. Tony Stark has an accent thicker Putin on Steroids.  I am so disappinted.  I have never lost complete faith in a company before and its insane to think that if i have a problem with my service i know it will never get fixed because there are 0 employees that know anything about what they do.  I'm going to start advertising on all social media accounts and all other means of public information let people know what a joke this company is and that they shouldn't sign up with him. I would rather pay double what I am paying now to have good customer service and be able to have my problems resolved instead of talking to people that think that the solution to fixing text message errors is telling you a story about how time travel is relative when it comes to quantum mechanics and the theory on work drives. Because that's what customer support does when you call T-Mobile they'll keep you on the phone for hours until you just hang out because he can't deal with them anymore.

You can’t call tech support and it take less than 2 hours to do anything. They’ll thank you a thousand times for waiting and being a t-mobile customer instead of fixing anything. 

it is horrible! im dealing with this right now too.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

I called the 611 number to cancel my sync up tracker and was immediately connected to a rep in Albuquerque who canceled my line and was off the phone in less than 5 minutes but I rarely call customer service.

I described my issue times to multiple agents and supervisors based in the Philippines, but none of them fully understood my issue, which it was complex. They didn’t understand the nuances of my issue and kept asking me simple yes/no questions that had nothing to do with my issue. Time invested 33 minutes. A US-based rep could have understood and answered my question in a tenth of that time.

How can a company like T-Mobile afford to not offer native English support for more complex issues?

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

mind posting what the issue was?

and calling in isnt the only way to contact them when you are needing assistance.

Badge

on phillipine customer support for an hour. she keeps babbling about warranty.

2nd phone i’ve received in 3 weeks, and she keeps saying “its out of warranty” i received the second phone yesterday, how can it be out warranty? .They DO NOT UNDERSTAND ENGLISH.

1 hour until she actually attempted to fix the phone, and only AFTER I told her that.

TMOBILE customer support is THE WORST

Been a customer over 16 yrs.  .

It is A JOKE 30 CALLS. Each one went.overseas. Each call took well over an hour  or 2 and both the agent and the supervisor were based in the Phillipines 

No training

Hard to understand 

Waste time. Going jn circles  Agents and supervisors reading a script of:

I understand.

Bear with me 

So sorry. We are help to solve.

Thank you for your patience 

Give me a chance 

Followed by long hold.

Back to the same script.

Zilch nothing gets done and then they say they will accelerate the ticket and you will get a call back next day.

So the Next day at the end if the night you call and the same thing happens .

We now are in our 6 night doing the same …

Disgraceful . 

Past 2  years noticed T- Mobile does something unethical and completely illegal.

If you purchase your phone unlocked  not from them but when you register it on one of yourT- Mobile  lines, even though they have the EMi # and you take the phone to a T-mobile store for   SiM and registeration. . Later on you realize the phone is  listed  as a lower model phone with lower memory and a way lesser value phone frankly listed as your phone ! . 

In this case they had my phone lthat is  a Samsung ultra S22  completely different as a Lower Model IPhone !!!! ..  in one place in their records for  Trade in was registered as IPHONE and in my own acct it  The galaxy Ultra 22  phone but instead of 512 MB they had it as 128 MB ...Kid You Not. 

You would think this would bean easy breezy fix in light of Samsung assuring them my phone and The EMI # .. NOPE their mistake . T-Mobile's mistake,  fault . AND then I have to be punished with this abysmal customer Service ...

I remember back in the 90s Sprint had the absolute worst group of idiots working customer service.  It cost them dearly as everyone jumped ship. Now Tmo is doing the same crap. If you're lucky enough to get a US based expert when you call, stuff gets done immediately and with no errors. If however you get the Philippine, just hang up and call again. It's what I used to do with Sprint also....just hung up until the person answering didn't sound like they were talking from a jail cell. Tmo is crazy inexpensive and so I guess unless I'm willing to pay the Verizon tax, I'll just keep calling back until a US "expert" answers. Everything has a price. 

Zoob I As I stated I  made over 30 calls and all different hours even 4 am Pacific  hoping to get 7am Eastern and no  US

FyI. My ticket that was supposedly accelerated to the highest priority and was supposed to have been taken care on 7th of Feb is still outstanding. 

Well I got lucky this morning!  Called in at 6:55amPST, message said there's a 5 minute hold so I opted for the call back which came instantaneously, and got a very competent rep named Spencer based out of the Idaho office.  Poor guy, I couldn’t help my self but to unload some of my frustration with the Philippine office, which he BTW is hearing a lot.  He said they dump over to the outsource office when they’re overflowing….to which I kindly answered that I’d rather be on hold for an hour, or get a call back in however long it takes from a US rep, because the Philippine route is just smoke up my proverbial skirt, and I’ll have to call back to fix things anyway.  I know well that that my conversation with Spences will probably die with Spencer as I doubt he has any say in the matter, but A. It made me feel better, and B. Maybe just maaaaybe the call was reviewed by someone who can influence policy….Doubtful.  Best part of this morning was that my issue was finally resolved right there on the spot, credit was posted to my account right there on the spot, the WiFi router I sent back three months ago was FINALLY checked off the list, and all is well in Zubi town.  Just keep trying guys.  If you get the foreign office just hang up and try again. 

Are you on the Magenta plan?

I am wondeing since j am an older Choice plan that was grandfathered ? I am getting Phillipines.

By the way a month ago when I called I got US?

The Customer Service Overseas SUCKS!

I am going to another carrier! I have been with T-Mobile for 12+ years, as a Business Customer, at times with 21+ phone lines!  I do not have time to call multiple times a week, in hopes to receive American support, my staff does NOT have that time either!  I honestly feel that I would be happier at Cricket!