How do i get US based support?

• 2 February 2022
  • 44 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge

T-Mobile support has become an absolute joke.  Their slogan of “no jumping from agent to agent” is an outright lie.  The overseas call center doesn't know how to use the tools, cannot understand simple English and incompetent is an understatement.  There appears to be no one working in the US anymore and I cannot even get a straight answer on what my payoff is to transfer to another carrier.

44 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

not that it’ll help but Sprint used a call center in the Dominican Republic if im remembering right.

the Facebook/Twitter route works quite well for support

I’ve been with T-Mobile since 1996, mostly because of their excellent customer service and I always have bars, even when no one else in the room can get service.

Since they’ve moved a lot of their customer service off-shore, the service has plummeted.  You can still get a rep in the US, but I’ve gotten a lot more off-shore.  I wouldn’t care if I had someone from the US or Phillipines, etc., except THEY HAVE TO TRAIN THEM!

I’ve never had any trouble getting quick, accurate help from the US trained team.  I’ve never had an issue corrected within one phone call when I get off-shored.  This is a serious customer service issue that didn’t happen prior to the T-Mobile/Sprint merger.  Telling the FTC that the merger would improve customer service was an absolute lie.

T-Mobile, FIX IT!

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Your customer service or call center doesn’t know what they are doing and they keep on saying and promising things just to get you off the phone.  Which are all lies.  I’ve been given the run around with a lot of your agents. They even told me that they work for souther land global companies inc. And some pretends to be in charge  and will redirect you. Saying that they will be calling back but never calls back. I asked for their full name and ID number and they decline. All they will give you is a name. Funny part is when I was transfered to somebody else that guy slipped and gave me a different name of the agent that transferred me to him. And he said that they were using screen names. Why wouldn’t they give ID numbers? Maybe because they know they will F up. T MOBILE IF YOU ARE USING CALL CENTERS ITS DESTROYING YOUR NAME. PLEASE AHAVE SOMEONE REACH ME. 

this is a peer to peer assistance site..if you are needing help i would recommend contacting TMO either through Facebook or Twitter..this starts you with tier 2 support over the call in tier 1 support agents.

Your customer service or call center doesn’t know what they are doing and they keep on saying and promising things just to get you off the phone.  Which are all lies.  I’ve been given the run around with a lot of your agents. They even told me that they work for souther land global companies inc. And some pretends to be in charge  and will redirect you. Saying that they will be calling back but never calls back. I asked for their full name and ID number and they decline. All they will give you is a name. Funny part is when I was transfered to somebody else that guy slipped and gave me a different name of the agent that transferred me to him. And he said that they were using screen names. Why wouldn’t they give ID numbers? Maybe because they know they will F up. T MOBILE IF YOU ARE USING CALL CENTERS ITS DESTROYING YOUR NAME. PLEASE AHAVE SOMEONE REACH ME. 

Worst customer service ever… ever Ever

I’ve found that if connected to overseas and I hang up without saying anything, then call back and when the automated voice asks how can it help me I say (US Agent) and get one.

Maybe just lucky.

DO NOT SIGN UP WITH TMOBILE

THEY ARE HORRIBLE, HORRIBLE RECEPTION, HORRIBLE SERVICE AND IDIOTS IN THEIR “OFFSHORE” CALL CENTERS.

T-Mobile  service and tech support has gone to hell over the past year. It is now AWFUL and we are making plans to go to another carrier. Reception is also awful.  

i have had good succuss using 611 from my phone. no long waits or overseas responders when i call 

I just tried 611 and I got another person with an Indian accent. 

I used to talk to Idaho every time I called before 9 pm.  I have called at all kinds of hours trying to reach “my team”.  I even went to the FB page.  I was waiting for 20 minutes in between apologies for FB.  I called 5 different times through the day trying to reach someone that speaks understandable English.  I have been a customer for nearly 2 decades.  I said I would never leave because of the customer service.  I will try one more time.  I’m at a point that all I have are 2 watches that I owe on.  All the phones are paid off and I just need someone to talk to me (I was calling about auto payments and upgrades). Went to the local T-Mobile store.  There are several people standing, no where to sit and someone else was waiting for over an hour to talk to someone.  I don’t know if you’ve ever had to stand for several hours, your feet hurt.  I am so done, I’m paying my bill and switching to anyone else. 

I just experienced representatives DELETING SOME OF MY SUPPORT CHAT HISTORY in order to cover up their own lies/incompetence. I’m livid!!

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Agree, the overseas call centers are a nightmare Philippine or India -- they like to talk and read from the script and talk talk. I think they get pay by the minute on the phone or can get pay by the hours or the duration of conversation.

I wish they get pay by the COMPLETE job they done, not talking on the phone of duration.

BRING BACK US customer service T-mobile!!!!

I've never been sent off shore for support but from what I've read is that most calls that go to the Philippines are prepaid plans.

Agree, the overseas call centers are a nightmare Philippine or India -- they like to talk and read from the script and talk talk. I think they get pay by the minute on the phone or can get pay by the hours or the duration of conversation.

I wish they get pay by the COMPLETE job they done, not talking on the phone of duration.

Badge

I have been with T Mobile for over 10 years. I am now seriously looking into going with another company. The overseas call centers are a nightmare. I am a rare person that does not have Facebook or Twitter.

Badge

It’s a dam shame! and I hear you loud and Clear

Been a customer over 16 yrs.  .

It is A JOKE 30 CALLS. Each one went.overseas. Each call took well over an hour  or 2 and both the agent and the supervisor were based in the Phillipines 

No training

Hard to understand 

Waste time. Going jn circles  Agents and supervisors reading a script of:

I understand.

Bear with me 

So sorry. We are help to solve.

Thank you for your patience 

Give me a chance 

Followed by long hold.

Back to the same script.

Zilch nothing gets done and then they say they will accelerate the ticket and you will get a call back next day.

So the Next day at the end if the night you call and the same thing happens .

We now are in our 6 night doing the same …

Disgraceful . 

Past 2  years noticed T- Mobile does something unethical and completely illegal.

If you purchase your phone unlocked  not from them but when you register it on one of yourT- Mobile  lines, even though they have the EMi # and you take the phone to a T-mobile store for   SiM and registeration. . Later on you realize the phone is  listed  as a lower model phone with lower memory and a way lesser value phone frankly listed as your phone ! . 

In this case they had my phone lthat is  a Samsung ultra S22  completely different as a Lower Model IPhone !!!! ..  in one place in their records for  Trade in was registered as IPHONE and in my own acct it  The galaxy Ultra 22  phone but instead of 512 MB they had it as 128 MB ...Kid You Not. 

You would think this would bean easy breezy fix in light of Samsung assuring them my phone and The EMI # .. NOPE their mistake . T-Mobile's mistake,  fault . AND then I have to be punished with this abysmal customer Service ...

I totally agree!! I’m going to contact the Better Business Bureau 

FIlipINO = NIGHTMARE. it’s like talking to a wall. stupid people on earth. I can’t even go into the 20 conversations I’ve had with them over simple and complex issues. I try to be as abusive as possible to get them to transfer me to a us based center. you can ask 30 times nicely or 50 times abusively nothing works. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

theres always the social media route like Facebook or Twitter..using this route lands you with tier 2 support instead of the call in tier 1 support..

just dont contact them on their main pages...DM only.. and you will need to confirm who you are

Agreed no one has time to keep calling numerous times and hoping to get a US call center.

I was forced to call at least 30 times-- and each time the Phillipines-- because the matter has to be taken care and still 3 weeks later it has not …

Migration is the only option

The Customer Service Overseas SUCKS!

I am going to another carrier! I have been with T-Mobile for 12+ years, as a Business Customer, at times with 21+ phone lines!  I do not have time to call multiple times a week, in hopes to receive American support, my staff does NOT have that time either!  I honestly feel that I would be happier at Cricket!

Are you on the Magenta plan?

I am wondeing since j am an older Choice plan that was grandfathered ? I am getting Phillipines.

By the way a month ago when I called I got US?

Well I got lucky this morning!  Called in at 6:55amPST, message said there's a 5 minute hold so I opted for the call back which came instantaneously, and got a very competent rep named Spencer based out of the Idaho office.  Poor guy, I couldn’t help my self but to unload some of my frustration with the Philippine office, which he BTW is hearing a lot.  He said they dump over to the outsource office when they’re overflowing….to which I kindly answered that I’d rather be on hold for an hour, or get a call back in however long it takes from a US rep, because the Philippine route is just smoke up my proverbial skirt, and I’ll have to call back to fix things anyway.  I know well that that my conversation with Spences will probably die with Spencer as I doubt he has any say in the matter, but A. It made me feel better, and B. Maybe just maaaaybe the call was reviewed by someone who can influence policy….Doubtful.  Best part of this morning was that my issue was finally resolved right there on the spot, credit was posted to my account right there on the spot, the WiFi router I sent back three months ago was FINALLY checked off the list, and all is well in Zubi town.  Just keep trying guys.  If you get the foreign office just hang up and try again. 

Zoob I As I stated I  made over 30 calls and all different hours even 4 am Pacific  hoping to get 7am Eastern and no  US

FyI. My ticket that was supposedly accelerated to the highest priority and was supposed to have been taken care on 7th of Feb is still outstanding. 

I remember back in the 90s Sprint had the absolute worst group of idiots working customer service.  It cost them dearly as everyone jumped ship. Now Tmo is doing the same crap. If you're lucky enough to get a US based expert when you call, stuff gets done immediately and with no errors. If however you get the Philippine, just hang up and call again. It's what I used to do with Sprint also....just hung up until the person answering didn't sound like they were talking from a jail cell. Tmo is crazy inexpensive and so I guess unless I'm willing to pay the Verizon tax, I'll just keep calling back until a US "expert" answers. Everything has a price. 

Been a customer over 16 yrs.  .

It is A JOKE 30 CALLS. Each one went.overseas. Each call took well over an hour  or 2 and both the agent and the supervisor were based in the Phillipines 

No training

Hard to understand 

Waste time. Going jn circles  Agents and supervisors reading a script of:

I understand.

Bear with me 

So sorry. We are help to solve.

Thank you for your patience 

Give me a chance 

Followed by long hold.

Back to the same script.

Zilch nothing gets done and then they say they will accelerate the ticket and you will get a call back next day.

So the Next day at the end if the night you call and the same thing happens .

We now are in our 6 night doing the same …

Disgraceful . 

Past 2  years noticed T- Mobile does something unethical and completely illegal.

If you purchase your phone unlocked  not from them but when you register it on one of yourT- Mobile  lines, even though they have the EMi # and you take the phone to a T-mobile store for   SiM and registeration. . Later on you realize the phone is  listed  as a lower model phone with lower memory and a way lesser value phone frankly listed as your phone ! . 

In this case they had my phone lthat is  a Samsung ultra S22  completely different as a Lower Model IPhone !!!! ..  in one place in their records for  Trade in was registered as IPHONE and in my own acct it  The galaxy Ultra 22  phone but instead of 512 MB they had it as 128 MB ...Kid You Not. 

You would think this would bean easy breezy fix in light of Samsung assuring them my phone and The EMI # .. NOPE their mistake . T-Mobile's mistake,  fault . AND then I have to be punished with this abysmal customer Service ...