Solved

How do I make the switch out of a family plan to my own plan?

• 21 July 2017
  • 4 replies

Hi there. I'm currently on a t-mobile family plan where my mom is the primary account holder. I'd like to switch to my own t-mobile plan with the same phone number and phone (the phone is fully paid off/no installment payments left). So, how do I do this? Is there a fee? What action does the primary account holder need to take (if any), i.e. does she need to authorize letting me transfer the number to my own account in my name? What else do I need to know?

icon

Best answer by tidbits 21 July 2017, 23:18

I am unsure on that one.  Best to contact T-Mobile directly to find out.

What I believe if there are EIP's and the account is still on good standing you can port away, but if the account is suspended then I would assume money would have to be paid before anything can be done with the account.

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

You will have to do a Transfer of Responsibility for that line.

Transfer account or line ownership

Say the account has outstanding EIP payments for other phones (none are associated with my line). Will this affect transfer of ownership eligibility for just my line?

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

I am unsure on that one.  Best to contact T-Mobile directly to find out.

What I believe if there are EIP's and the account is still on good standing you can port away, but if the account is suspended then I would assume money would have to be paid before anything can be done with the account.

As long as the account is not past due, and you past the credit check... Then your mother needs to call, states that she want to Transfer of Responsibility to you. It is best for both of you to be in the same room.