Solved

How do I redeem Netflix on us if I have an existing Netflix account

This isn't as clearly documented as it probably should be.  I have a Netflix account.  I have an eligible T-Mobile plan for "Netflix on Us". What is the entire process, soup to nuts, on 1) enabling this feature on T-Mobile, and 2) updating my existing Netflix account to that I get the $8.99 credit from T-Mobile, per month.

Many thanks for any accurate, detailed information!

icon

Best answer by magentatechie 6 July 2019, 03:32

View original

15 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

Everything you need to know is here: Netflix On Us

These directions don't appear to be correct.  I've tried to click "Manage Netflix" on my cell and on my computer with IE and with Chrome.  It just keeps taking me to a screen that doesn't align with the directions.  Nowhere can I log into my existing Netflix account.  Are these instructions still accurate?

If your existing Netflix plan also includes a DVD rental subscription, then you will not be able to connect your existing Netflix account to the T-Mobile’s plan.  You either have to create a new Netflix streaming account and use that to connect with T-Mobile’s plan, or cancel your DVD plan ( and create a new DVD plan using a different email address for account management -  that is what I am trying to do now)

Everything you need to know is here: Netflix On Us

That’s great, but when I click your “Netflix On Us” link, it just leads back to this discussion!

See this link for linking an existing Netflix account with Tmobile:
https://help.netflix.com/en/node/66915

Where you able to cancel your DVD plan and then link?

I followed the following simple process. It took less than 10 min for me to complete.

1. Call T-Mobile customer care (611)
  2. Check if you are eligible for “Netflix on us”
  3. If yes, request activation through text message
  4. You will receive a text message with a link to activate.
  5. Open the link with your T-Mobile mobile app.
  6. It will ask you choose from the options(may be different for other). I choose “Netflix Premium for $10” coz that’s my existing plan.
  7. Once setup, app will take you to a Netflix page, where you can either create a new subscription or use your existing account id(email) to link it your T-Mobile account. I did the later.
  8. You are all set. Netflix will stop billing($17.99) and T-Mobile will start($10) and you save $8/month.

I had the same problem, the instructions don’t follow the options T-mobile gives you, so I agreed to paying through T-mobile but as not sent to link with my existing Netflix account. All “help” topics take me back to the same discussions or information. I’m now on hold with a 2-hour wait time to try and sort it out!!!!

T-mobile needs to post correct instructions so they have less frustrated customers on hold to fix the problems they created. I’m currently not feeling that I’m one of the ”happiest customers”.

I had the same problem, the instructions don’t follow the options T-mobile gives you, so I agreed to paying through T-mobile but as not sent to link with my existing Netflix account. All “help” topics take me back to the same discussions or information. I’m now on hold with a 2-hour wait time to try and sort it out!!!!

T-mobile needs to post correct instructions so they have less frustrated customers on hold to fix the problems they created. I’m currently not feeling that I’m one of the ”happiest customers”.

Same exact thing happened to me; went through the whole set up process as described via the app and on here: https://www.t-mobile.com/support/plans-features/netflix-on-us

Never received a “Go To Netflix” link no matter what I tried. Now I am also on hold waiting for somebody to help me.

Was your issue resolved?

No, I couldn’t stay on hold long enough:-(.

They really need to fix this. I've been trying fir an hour to get it to work and it's not.

I just did this.

Go into your primary line.

Click Manage-Addons.

You will need to add one of the Netflix addons you see in the list (if you haven’t already)

Once you add it.. or get into the details if you already have it.  You’ll see a button that says “Go to Netflix” 

This will take you to netflix and ask you to login to netflix.

Once you login, it might just take you to the netflix screen for watching videos.  If this happens, go back to tmobile and click the “Go to netflix” button again.

Eventually, you will see a message that says “Link your tmobile account”  

Follow that through and link it.

Then go to your netflix account page and check your billing info.  Should say that its being billed through your tmobile account.

Every time I click on “If you're already on a plan with Netflix included, sign up for Netflix here.” it just reloads the same page.  No way, I could find, to actually get this set up.

Badge +1

I get Netflix with Xfinity.

Will T-Mobile just give me the credit?

I want to transition from my Sprint Plan to Magenta +…  

I notice Hulu is gone though.. that was free with Sprint. I suspect I lose that in transition to Magenta +?

I also have AAA and assume they just add another year onto membership?

I followed instructions from majestiq and it worked for me. I even verified on Netflix where my billing now says “Billed through T-Mobile package