How do I remove a line from my plan?

icon

Best answer by tmo_mike_c 15 January 2016, 02:06

View original

11 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

Greetings and thanks for posting.

If you need to remove a line from your account, you'll want to Community-2153 and speak with our Customer Care team. They'll have access to your account and can make the changes needed to take that line off of your plan.

Userlevel 2

I want to be able to remove a line by myself. I should jot be required to call in order to take care of this.

I want to take a line off my plan and put them on their own t mobile plan that they’re  responsible for is there a way I could do that?

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

you will need to contact TMO either by call or their T-Force team through Facebook or Twitter.. as long as you are the account holder or primary you can give permission for it to be removed from your account and put onto their own account.

the primary is the only one that can give this authorization.

This is ridiculous that I have to call to do frigging anything in 2021..Xfinity here I come! 

You want to know what's ridiculous, it's when your new customer you leave your old carrier to come to them on a postpaid account. Take note I said postpaid. You create your login and all that crap and get your phone delivered late so that you're out of service for a day because they can't ship it in time and then you log into the account for the first time and it goes to a name you've never heard or seen before. Turns out my number was logged to someone else's account and still is for the fact that matter. Why you may ask I don't know why it's linked like that. But what I do know is these incompetent sons of b****** can't get your phone to you on time then they link you to a prepaid account under some guy you don't even know and then you can't get no f****** help it's worth a damn or anybody on that customer care line that you can even understand. This is got to be the absolute most shitshow company I've ever seen in my life. I want to file a complaint better Business bureau I'm going to let this be known to every public forum possible with screenshots no less. Thanks T-Mobile for absolutely just f****** everything up for me even more. Oh I forgot to mention the fact when you call and that dumbass automated line picks up it can't find your f****** number that they issued you why because it's a deactivated number under this person's account.

Userlevel 6
Badge +9

You log into the account for the first time and it goes to a name you've never heard or seen before. Turns out my number was logged to someone else's account and still is for the fact that matter.

Appears that if you don’t port in your number from another carrier, T-Mobile will assign a used number that can have many consequences.

Happened to me.  T-Mobile assigned a number that was previously used by a scumbag.  Received calls and texts that were profane and threatening.

Solution was to insist that T-Mobile change my phone number to a new number never before assigned to anyone.

I need to remove a tablet from my acct that is no longer being used. How do I do that? What is Community-2153? How do I get there? I tried tapping it since it is lit up, but nothing happens.

Go on the app and chat with a representative 

Go on the app and chat with a representative 

Tmobile will NOT help. I'm stuck with 2 lines!