how do i see or listen to my voicemail online

• 19 April 2017
  • 16 replies

when I go to my account online I don't know how to see or listen to my voicemail

16 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge

Welcome, miraclesveda!

You'll want to sign up for Visual Voicemail (VVM) in order to start checking them online. Once you've successfully done that, you can start managing/downloading your voicemails online and in the application on Androids.

If you're the Primary Account Holder, you can review and manage your messages using your computer:

Go to My T-Mobile and log in to your account.

Click PHONE at the top of the page.

In the list along the right, click Check Voicemail.

On the new page that opens, you have several options:

Listen to a message: Click the play button just to the left of the message.

Take action on a message: Simply check the box to the far left of one or more of the messages. Once a message is checked, you can delete,      mark as unread, download, etc.

Forward a message to an email address: Click Send as email to the far right of a message, add the email recipient in the To box, and then click      Send e-mail.

HTGHTG

Resources:

I have multiple lines under my account.  Is there a way for me to check all other lines' voicemail?  Right now using the steps described above I can only see the voicemail from my primary line not the ones from other lines.

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

After you click "Phone" from the tabs at the top, you should see a box in the upper right with your phone number.  Click the box and the other numbers on the account will appear in a drop down box.  Just select the number that you want to hear.

when I click on check voicemail -- I do not see a list of messages.   But on my phone I have messaged on my voicemail.

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

Hey there @magenta6623436, are you when you say that you have messages on your voicemail, do you mean when you call in or are you using the Visual Voicemail app on your phone?

I have a visual cue on my iphone saying I have a VM message.  I can click that and see all my new and old messages and play once that I want. But when I can my iphone from a landline I cannot go to voicemail and I cannot see the list of VM messages on my-tmobile computer app

* I can also listen to VM from my landline phone.  But I cannot see the list of VM messages on my-tmobile computer app

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

Hm, very interesting!  You might want to reach out to care to ensure that your Visual Voicemail feature has been added to your line of service.  This is not something that is visible on your my.t-mobile.com, but an Account Expert will be able to see it.  If it needs to be added, you will need to restart your device and give it at least 2 hours to provision on your account.

Badge

this feature is CONSTANTLY broken.  And have complained to t-mobile MANY times about it.  In past they've "eventually" fixed it.   A couple of weeks ago, I tried to access my voicemail exactly in the manner given (click on phone and get voicemail).  Nothing showed even though I knew had voicemail.  Contacted support AGAIN, put in a ticket.  Nothing got fixed.  Today I click on same thing and is broken even worse.  Click on voicemail button and get page saying can't resolve page.

Apparently t-mobile does not care about people who use this feature.  Even the support guy tried to give me ways to retrieve to voicemail when not at phone.  Gave me phone numbers but didn't work for t-mobile prepaid and don't think any were even 800 like numbers.   I finally had to hunt around on my own to find a solution.    But when at a place that you have to pay for a long distance call (i'm at a hotel right now), I cannot get my voicemail without having the phone in any easy way.

thumbs down to t-mobile on this one.

Agreed.  Last couple of times I've tried to check voicemail from the website I've gotten the following:

This site can’t be reached

voicemail.my.t-mobile.com’s server IP address could not be found.

DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN

Badge

Can I ask what I think is a "simple" question on this.... Do t-mobile moderators on this forum actually report issues like this to support to get it fixed or are we just wasting our time coming here???    Feature STILL  broken.   I'll be going overseas soon and I don't want to have to call a US number with international calling rates JUST to get voicemail.... people need to understand that there are many valid reasons to go to the web to get voicemail.

I just want to know if I'm going to have to go back to support yet again if complaining here does not good.

I'm yet another user who can't retrieve voice mail online.  The link that the voicemail icon links to:

https://voicemail.my.t-mobile.com/voicemailweb

is unreachable, and the host is unknown and unpingable.

C:\>ping voicemail.my.t-mobile.com

Ping request could not find host voicemail.my.t-mobile.com. Please check the name and try again.

Retrieving voicemail from my.t-mobile.com is totally broken.

Badge

I take it that no responses to my question means that any t-mobile person who reads a question here does nothing....

And just as an update, now when I go online to retrieve voicemail, I get a "digits signup"....  How nice, now something else that doesn't work.   Every time I try to register in the browser, I get "There was an error contacting the server. Please try again later."    Not sure how many times I'm supposed to try because I've tried from 3 different machines and they all have given the same error over the last 3 days.   So to be disappointed even more, I download the app and it gives me a big white screen marked "Beta"  but only menu items.   Can record my voice and here it play back but wonder how that blank window is going to do anything for me...

That would be nice if it worked, but there is no PHONE at the top of the page, so it fails at the first step.

If you're the Primary Account Holder, you can review and manage your messages using your computer:

Go to My T-Mobile and log in to your account.

Click PHONE at the top of the page.

In the list along the right, click Check Voicemail.

On the new page that opens, you have several options:

Listen to a message: Click the play button just to the left of the message.

Take action on a message: Simply check the box to the far left of one or more of the messages. Once a message is checked, you can delete,      mark as unread, download, etc.

Forward a message to an email address: Click Send as email to the far right of a message, add the email recipient in the To box, and then click      Send e-mail.

Badge

Mine also does not work this way, it must be because it’s part of a corporate account.

However I had my other mobile phone with me and I was able to install the DIGITS app on it (an official TMobile) app and see my texts and voicemail on my other phone, and to make/receive calls as if I had my TMobile phone with me! You can also access DIGITS on a PC.

In Digits, it only shows about 10 voicemails.  Is there a way to see all the voicemails?  I would like to be able to download the ones I want to a PC then delete the rest.