Solved

How do I take off insurance on my phone?

• 25 September 2019
  • 3 replies

How do I take off insurance on phone to stop extra charge?

icon

Best answer by gramps28 25 September 2019, 01:44

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

From a google search.

You can cancel coverage at any time, 24 hours a day, seven days a week by calling 1-800-937-8997 or visiting my.t-mobile.com, and receive a refund and/or credit, if any, of the applicable premium within the time frame required by law. You can enroll in device protection in several ways: Visit a T-Mobile store; Go to My T-Mobile; Give us a call

Userlevel 5

You can also remove it from your line features and add-ons within the app or tmobile.com.

Easy to cancel on the T-Mobile web site, but the cancellation will not update in my iPhone’s settings (Settings - General - About - Apple Care Services), which are still showing Apple Care coverage (through T-Moble) and thus is prohibiting me from getting Apple Care from Apple instead of T-Mobile during the initial 60 day period! Hopefully it will update at some point within the 60 day period so that I can undo my mistake of getting T-Mobile insurance initially instead of just getting Apple Care+ from Apple (which is cheaper). I have called T-Mobile about this about 5 times, was told to go to a T-Mobile store and they could fix it, and was told at the T-Mobile store that they could do nothing.

If anyone has experience with this, please comment on a solution to the updating problem. Thanks.