how do I turn off voice mail?

• 8 February 2015
  • 16 replies

I don't want to use t-mobile voice mail, how do i turn it off?

I've checked several pages and searched. tried in the phone and it only allows me to select which program to us.
I'm finally receiving text in on my wifi or maybe it was spotty service that let it go but I can't send a photo?
new settings for that one?

I've already used 5 of my text just trying to set things up... we should get a few free setting up things to make sure they work. I've been stranded 3 times in 2 months time and need to rely on this so I have to test them.
Thanks for the help.
ps
can I have forwarding instead of voice mail? LOL

16 replies

Userlevel 2

If you have a postpaid account, you can use call forwarding.

Short Code
What it does

**21*PhoneNumber#

Turn on unconditional forwarding (CFU) to a number.

##21#

Turn off unconditional forwarding.

**61*PhoneNumber#

Turn on forwarding if no reply (CF NRY) to a number.

##61#

Turn off forwarding if no reply.

**62*PhoneNumber#

Turn on when not reachable (CF NRC).

##62#

Turn off call forwarding when not reachable.

**67*PhoneNumber#

Turn on call forwarding when busy (CFB).

##67#

Turn off call forwarding when busy.

**61*18056377249**seconds#
(For example, 5 seconds, 10, 15, etc.)

Change the call forwarding delay time (5-30 seconds).

*43#

Turn on call waiting.

#43#

Turn off call waiting.

*67Phonenumber

Blocks outgoing Caller ID on a per-call basis. This does NOT prevent the display of your information when you dial certain business numbers, including 911, 900 numbers, or toll-free numbers.

##004#

Cancel all call forwarding.

Prepaid

I'm not sure i want them forwarded either... it consumes my minutes and or

texts right? Need a few free when we sign on to find out what does what.

can I just turn it off so the calls that aren't answered get "voicemail not

set up" message as they do with att ?

that way I won't get charged if I don't answer or can't answer.

I’m trying to figure out the same thing. I actually called T Mobile a few months ago, waited for a while, and spoke to a customer service rep who tried several different ways to turn my voicemail off, said he had accomplished the task, but.. my voicemail is still active. 

It's a basic request that should have a solution. 

many people, like myself don't use voice mail and don't want voice-mail at all. 

Is there a way to opt out of voice-mail but still get call with enhanced caller info?

Only way I have found is to never delete voice-mail messages so the system is full and cannot accept more messages.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

On postpaid accounts you used to be able to request that DCF be turned off. Then you could elect to not forward calls to voicemail. The system will perform a self-audit and turn DCF back on if it’s found turned off.

It's a basic request that should have a solution. 

many people, like myself don't use voice mail and don't want voice-mail at all. 

Is there a way to opt out of voice-mail but still get call with enhanced caller info?

Only way I have found is to never delete voice-mail messages so the system is full and cannot accept more messages.

I didn't want voice-mail either. I chatted with T-Mobile multiple times and every associate tried different things but with no luck. I finally was able to deactivate the voicemail by myself on call settings.

Go to the PHONE app (keypad to dial a number), tap on the THREE DOTS on the upper left corner of the screen. Tap on SETTINGS, tap on SUPPLEMENTARY SERVICES, tap on CALL FORWARDING, tap on FORWARD WHEN UNANSWERED, then TURN OFF.

By doing the caller does not get a greeting message,  his call will just keep ringing on his side, but not on your phone. Your phone will silence after 4 or 5 rings.

My settings are off and my blocked numbers can leave a msg.  Now what do I fo?

Open phone app, hit 3 dots on upper corner, select voice mail. It will call to check your mailbox, hang up and screen will show a block option as seen above. Then do the same to turn it back on if needed. 

OK   where to send   this text     ##004# ?

I am new to this community, and I have looked over the past responses, but none of this seems to solve my problem.  I did not ask for voice mail, but it’s there and I can’t turn it off.  Have there been any updates since these older responses were posted?  

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

I am new to this community, and I have looked over the past responses, but none of this seems to solve my problem.  I did not ask for voice mail, but it’s there and I can’t turn it off.  Have there been any updates since these older responses were posted?  

Are you a postpaid or prepaid customer?

Postpaid

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

Thank you for clarifying. Is there a specific reason that you want to remove the voicemail? Like is something not working on it or you never listen to the messages so you just don’t need it?

Voicemail is a free and automatic addition to the account. You can set up call forwarding so that a call to your number is sent to a different number if you don’t answer the phone. Dial **61*PhoneNumber# as a phone call. PhoneNumber should be the number you want to forward the call to and should be all 10 digits without the dashes. 

The feature can be removed by our customer service reps, but sometimes not having the feature can mess with the ability to make and receive calls, so I don’t really recommend doing that. 

Thank you for clarifying. Is there a specific reason that you want to remove the voicemail? Like is something not working on it or you never listen to the messages so you just don’t need it?

Voicemail is a free and automatic addition to the account. You can set up call forwarding so that a call to your number is sent to a different number if you don’t answer the phone. Dial **61*PhoneNumber# as a phone call. PhoneNumber should be the number you want to forward the call to and should be all 10 digits without the dashes. 

The feature can be removed by our customer service reps, but sometimes not having the feature can mess with the ability to make and receive calls, so I don’t really recommend doing that. 

It keeps notifying us that we have to set up voice mail. Like, several times a day. So annoying. I hate vm and never listen.