Solved

How do I view my current costs for calls made during this period?

• 26 February 2016
  • 17 replies

I see the calls, durations, etc. but not the costs in the period summary, but there is no "cost" column

icon

Best answer by tidbits 26 February 2016, 23:29

Text to simple choice countries is included so there is no costs. There is a 20 cent cost per minute to call excpet for Canada and Mexico if you have the SC NA plans.

View original

17 replies

What plan do you have? If you have Simple Choice, only international & directory assistance calls cost money.

Simple choice, and what I would like to find is the cost of international calls (or texts if any)....

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Text to simple choice countries is included so there is no costs. There is a 20 cent cost per minute to call excpet for Canada and Mexico if you have the SC NA plans.

Thanks. So (for calls, using the NA SC plan) .20 is the per minute cost for all calls to any countries. And there is no way to see it in the current period, right? Of course I can look at minutes and multiply, but it would be nice for the web site to do this for me ....

AFAIK, this is not entirely correct. The cost to call most countries is $0.20 if you have stateside international calling. Otherwise, the cost is typically $1.99 per minute.

You can check calling rates at this site: Calling abroad

As an example, here are the rates for calling the UK

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

I used the term "simple choice countries" for that very reason. :)

tidbits wrote:

I used the term "simple choice countries" for that very reason. :)

I'm not sure I understand...

I have Simple Choice myself (not SCNA). It seems to me that if I call any country other than the USA, I'll pay at least $1.99/min, unless I subscribe to  stateside calling ($10-$15/month extra), which I do not.

Does this seem correct to you?

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

I thought it was included. NS is for plans that are the legacy plans that migrated to simple choice. You know the ones that were unlimited talk/text 30MB for $30 when they were switched from old plans like TZone, and MyFavs and such. Of course I could be wrong. I have only made one international call and it didn't cost me much. I paid like $2 and it was longer than 1 minute.

Believe me... if you don't have Stateside calling, you will pay $1.99 or more per minute. Iraq, for example, is $2.69 per minute sans Stateside Calling. Zimbabwe is $0.44/minute to a landline and $0.77/minute to a cell phone with stateside calling and $2.69/minute without stateside calling.

It is therefore very important to check the Calling abroad page before making international calls, as you might get a bill several times higher than what you are expecting.

Here is a screenshot of a bill for a 2 minute call to India at $1.99/minute.

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

INteresting.  I should watch out then lol I know I made a 4 minute call a while back to Korea, and I didn't pay $8 for it.  In fact I know it wasn't $8, but I can't say if it was $.80  let me see if I can find it.  I could totally be wrong.

I'll be interested as well. I appreciate your input as always.

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

You are correct. It is more than 20 cents. I didn't pay $1.99 a minute but I did get some sort of discount(guessing employee discount) as I see some sort of credit.

Thanks for taking the time to check it out.

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

So it's $1.99 per minute unless you have that plan you specifed earlier. Good looking out. Made a mental note of it.

tidbits wrote:

So it's $1.99 per minute unless you have that plan you specifed earlier. Good looking out. Made a mental note of it.

At least $1.99. Could be more (e.g., Iraq, Zimbabwe).

The somewhat ironic part is that it is usually only $0.20 call from abroad back to the USA (free with wifi calling). But when you call abroad from the USA (which is where the carrier is based), it's $1.99 or more. Seems a bit bass ackwards to me.

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

I agree maybe it'll be what they work on next.