Solved

How long after bill due i got til disconnected

• 25 January 2016
  • 7 replies

How long do i got after bill due my service is on till disconnected TIL payed

icon

Best answer by smplyunprdctble 25 January 2016, 14:33

If your bill is due the 1st, you're likely to be disconnected on the 2nd until you pay.

If you know ahead of time you're going to be late, make a Payment Arrangement.  That keeps you from getting disconnected and paying the reconnect fees.

Set up a payment arrangement

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 6

If your bill is due the 1st, you're likely to be disconnected on the 2nd until you pay.

If you know ahead of time you're going to be late, make a Payment Arrangement.  That keeps you from getting disconnected and paying the reconnect fees.

Set up a payment arrangement

I seriously doubt ANY creditor would cut you off the day after the due date.  Most banks give you a certain number of days before there is even a late charge. 

My guess is you would need to worry by the day the next payment is due. 

Of course I'm talking about a regular plan.  I'm sure pre-paid plans would have an extremely short fuse - maybe even a day.

Userlevel 6

There's a lot of folks who get the late charge and/or disconnected on the day it becomes late.

I don't know what the rules are -- if it has anything to do with credit checks or what.  But, there's a ton of posts of people getting disconnected right after due date.  So, I always suggest Payment Arrangements.

Userlevel 5

smplyunprdctble wrote:

I always suggest Payment Arrangements.

I agree. Just about any business would rather hear something from you, rather than nothing and not getting paid on time. Even if you don't know when you can pay the balance, offer to pay what you can ($5, $10, whatever). Unless your payment history is very poor, they will likely try to work with you & retain you as a customer.

Again - are you talking about "regular" accounts or prepaid?  I can't see anyone with any company w. a regular plan shutting someone down the next day.

I have read that what often happens is that outgoing calls will be shut down first, and maybe data.  Don't know about TM and pre-pay.

Userlevel 6

I'm talking about regular accounts.

Prepaid are definitely cut off the day it's set to renew if there's no funds.

Payment FAQs‌ says grace period depends on several factors.  It could be 0 days, it could be 20.

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

We don't want you to have to worry about your services being disconnected @barbara61. Looks like the fellow community members have offered some good suggestions. It's definitely better to just make a payment arrangement rather than waiting for the service to disconnect. Were you able to get your account taken care of? Did you still need more help?