Solved

How long can I keep my account without refill it?

• 11 April 2019
  • 5 replies

I'm going to travel abroad and won't be able to use my account for about 3months, how long can I keep my account if I don't refill it and therefore don't have enough balance for my usual prepaid plan?

Please advise.

Thank you!

icon

Best answer by gramps28 11 April 2019, 18:33

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +11

What prepaid plan are you using? I am on the $3 a month. If I was in your situation I would ADD FUNDS of $9-12. That would cover me for the 3 months I would be abroad.

I'm using the $45 simply prepaid plan, and I'm wonder if I can keep my account if I leave it inactive for three months since I won't be able to use it abroad for three months. I wonder how long the time could be if I don't refill my account with enough balance to keep this plan. Last time I was abroad for around 30 days and I didn't refill it, but after I came back and refill my account, it work. I wonder if there are any specific time period for inactive my account and I can still keep it.

Please advise.

Thank you.

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

Your best bet is to change your plan to the one mentioned above and have funds to cover it while you're away

then change it back when you get home.

Additional Terms for Prepaid Customers 

Your T-Mobile prepaid Service account balance, if sufficient, or your active prepaid plan, gives you access to our prepaid Service for a limited amount of time; you must use your prepaid Service during the designated period of availability. To use our prepaid Service you Your monthly plan will automatically renew at the end of 30 days if you have a sufficient T-Mobile prepaid Service account balance to cover your prepaid Service plan before the first day after your service cycle. If you do not have a sufficient T-Mobile prepaid Service account balance, your prepaid Service will be suspended unless you move to a pay as you go plan. If you do not reinstate prepaid Service within the required period based upon your service plan, your phone number will be reallocated. must have a T-Mobile prepaid Service account balance for pay as you go service or be on an active prepaid plan. Service will be suspended when your account balance reaches zero and/or you are at the end of the time period associated with your prepaid plan. Monthly plan features are available for 30 days, however, depending on the time of day that you activate your Service or that your Service expires, your service cycle may not equal 30 full 24-hour days. The Charges for Service and the amount of time that Service is available following activation of your prepaid Service account balance may vary; see your Rate Plan for more information. Prepaid Service is non-refundable (even if returned during the Cancellation Period), and no refunds or other compensation will be given for unused airtime balances, lost or stolen prepaid cards, or coupons. You will not have access to detailed usage records or receive monthly bills. Coverage specific to our prepaid Service may be found at https://prepaid.t-mobile.com/prepaid/coverage-map and differs from coverage related to our postpaid Service.

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

Hi there.

Just checking to see if you need more account help. Please let us know.

Hi,

Please be more specific. Similarly to dc5fan, I have a $3 per month Pay-as-you-go plan, what is good if you do not used much, but in the last 3 months I have to add  $70 to my account simply because TMobile has a fishy way to count the minutes / sms used in this type of account. The consumption is way less that I am charged.
In order to avoid this situation, I think is time for me to move to the prepaid T-Mobile Connect $15 per month plan, but similarly to magenta8238361 I usually travel overseas 3 - 4 months a year, and I do not wan to pay if I do not use it. 
Because it is based on charge into an account, my idea is to have the account empty, so TMobile could not be able to charge me those 3 - 4 moths I am not in the country.

The advise given by gramps28 is not valid anymore, as I know that once you move out form pay-as-you-go, you cannot ever be back.

So, for how long I can avid being charged (not reloading my account with money) before they decide to take away my account and line, I quite OK if they cancel the account as long as they allow me to re-instate it when I am back after 4 months.

Anyone who has passed for this experience? I would appreciate your help

Thanks