Solved

How long is a SIM CARD valid

• 4 April 2016
  • 8 replies

Hey guys,

i bought a STARTER KIT in March 2015 with a $50 Simply Prepaid Plan. I used it one month, after this period i had to go back to Germany.
In May, I´m back in the US. Did my SIM CARD still work, if I do a "refill" (with a Refill Card or Credit Card).

And, can I find the SIM CARD NUMBER on my T-Mobile Account. I have two SIM CARDS (one German and one US) and I don´t know which one is the US. On one there are some letters beside the NUMBER. 60.00 and TM9252 (I think this is the US one).

Thanks in advance.

Best regards from Germany.

Swen

icon

Best answer by smplyunprdctble 5 April 2016, 14:49

SIM Cards expire 90 days after there is no balance on them.

It appears that you are well beyond this 90 day limit, so the SIM Card will no longer work and you'll have to buy a new kit when you return.

View original

8 replies

Userlevel 6

SIM Cards expire 90 days after there is no balance on them.

It appears that you are well beyond this 90 day limit, so the SIM Card will no longer work and you'll have to buy a new kit when you return.

Hi, and thanks for your reply.

Ok, that´s what i thought. 😥 - This should be shown in the T-Mobile Account (also the SIM CARD No).

Thanks again.

Best regards.

Swen

Userlevel 6

It used to be more explicit on the site.

Skimming on the Prepaid Terms, it's hard to read (maybe I'm still tired and trying to wake up?).  But, I don't see it explicit anymore.  It now appears it might be 120 days instead of 90?

*shrug*

I still recommend refilling every 89 days to keep an account if you absolutely positively have to keep a number.

Hi,

yeah, this will definitely never happen again 😉.
So now i have to find a T-Mobile Shop on my stopp in NYC between two flights (JFK-LGA). Should not be a big problem.

Thanks again 😊

Swen

Prepaid cards are sold at airport shops, no need to look for a t-mobile store 😊

huh... really!!! Ok, never needed before.

So, maybe you know where at the JFK?! I only know the BestBuy Box 😉
There plenty stores...

Thanks.

Swen 😊

Hudson News, New York Gifts, DFS Duty Free.... any shop that look suspicious of selling candy would also be selling prepaid sims as they are as common as candy nowadays 😊

hehe... yeah, that´s correct. 😉

Perfect, i appreciate and thank you guys for your help.

Best regards from south Germany.

Swen