Question

How to change phone number used as Primary Account Holder

• 17 January 2022
  • 3 replies

Badge

Before I realized that the Welcome email T-mobile sent me had scrambled the SIM and phone number associations, I used the number that is tied to my MiFi device as the PAH, which of course cannot receive texts or do much else that a phone can do. I want to change that to my cell phone, but I cannot find any settings to change this. When I try to create a new log in with the desired phone number it takes me to the ID I set up using the MiFi phone number. I thought I had understood what the tech told me to do, but I guess not. Anyone know how to fix this?

3 replies

I’m getting a bad feeling about this.  My account was transferred from Sprint to T-mobile, and like you the number associations were scrambled.  This is basic account transfer, and this is the amount of effort given?  I tried calling, but it’s saying I’m going to have to pay $10 to talk to a.person to pay my bill.  Was hoping to find out how to change the primary account phone number in the community, but doesn’t look like there’s anything useful here. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Good luck!  I have been trying to figure out how to change the number associated with the PAH for years now.  I have been told a number of reasons why it can’t be changed, none of which I really find believable.  

Userlevel 6
Badge +12

contact T-Mobile and have them reset the account access for all the lines.  First account setup with the number wanted and make sure to choose it as primary and follow the steps.  I am unsure if it was changed recently but that’s how I did it about 2 years ago.