Solved

How to change PIN if you don't know your old one?

• 25 October 2021
  • 6 replies

Badge

How in the world do I change my PIN if I don’t know my old PIN? I want to change carriers and they are asking for my PIN

icon

Best answer by tomwil 25 October 2021, 18:50

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +9

How in the world do I change my PIN if I don’t know my old PIN? I want to change carriers and they are asking for my PIN

https://www.t-mobile.com/support/account/update-your-customer-pinpasscode

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

The easiest way to change it, would be to visit your local T-Mobile store.  After showing some ID to prove your identity, it can be changed on the spot.  

That’s not correct. A retail store CANNOT give you a PIN, nor can it be changed in store..

This systems for pin will make me switch courier, just because l can't remember a pin l use when l bought the device, l give my phone number, my account number,my,SSN,my ID, when l call they say to go to the store, when l go to the store the say l have to call, and laa l wanted is to upgrade my data plan, so very bad 

I was at the t-mobile store yesterday..They called customer care.They told me I would have to pay the remaining balance,before they can give me my passcode.Just to unlock my phone for a different carrier.

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

I was at the t-mobile store yesterday..They called customer care.They told me I would have to pay the remaining balance,before they can give me my passcode.Just to unlock my phone for a different carrier.

so what is your question? and they are correct..you want to move onto another carrier the current phone you have will need to be free and clear of any payments etc..