Question

How to port my old number to T Mobile?

• 4 February 2022
  • 6 replies

Badge

They gave me a temporary number to use and needed my old carrier’s account number and pin.

I didn't know it at the moment so I went after work to get it. 

Do I call T Mobile to proceed to transfer my number to the temporary number?

Or can I port my number online somehow?

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Calling Customer Care via 611 from your mobile would be the best way to ensure it gets done.  If you would rather use online methods, contact the T-Force Team via Facebook or Twitter.  

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Usually they give you a temporary number and once the port goes through it drops and switches to the number you ported.

Badge

Calling Customer Care via 611 from your mobile would be the best way to ensure it gets done.  If you would rather use online methods, contact the T-Force Team via Facebook or Twitter.  

I’m in the same situation and would like to do it online. I don’t supposed there is an option to do it through the t-mobile website, rather than contacting someone though Facebook or Twitter, is there?

Huge nightmare for me trying to port my mother in laws home phone from Optimum to T-Mobile.. now into it for at least 10 phone calls, conference calls with both carriers, promises.. Just a nightmare and a complete waste of my time.

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

I’m in the same situation and would like to do it online. I don’t supposed there is an option to do it through the t-mobile website, rather than contacting someone though Facebook or Twitter, is there?

You can log into your my.t-mobile.com account online and look for the chat button.  If no chat button appears, the queue to wait to chat with a rep is probably full if you are trying within normal business hours.

no, we started by calling, nothing has been done online.. not sure where their CS is located but can hardly understand anyone.. so much for buying american… dont get me wrong, super polite but I feel like every time I speak with someone we start all over so now I cut them off, give them cliff notes and they start again.. then they say wait 4 hours and nothing happens.. then they call me (which thankfully they call me but I really am tire of talking to them).  I am determined tho.. may end up taking both lines to another carrier as I am seriously unsatisfied.