Question

how to rename connected devices?

• 31 December 2020
  • 14 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge

Is there a way to rename the devices that are connected to my 4g LTE home wifi? I'd like to know my playstation from my phone or tv so I know which to disconnect.

14 replies

I am in the same boat as the rest, but sometimes you can rename the device itself and that is how it will show up on the wifi. 

Badge

Should be and easy code fix in the app and much needed. T-Mobile home internet is the first router I have seen that does not the the option to name the connected devices.

I just got my gateway yesterday & that was the first thing I tried to do...no luck. I have multiple Amazon devices & it's so hard to keep track of it all. I did start to note them as I added devices because I realized with the first few I couldn't rename them, but it would be super helpful if that option was available. Kind of a disappointment considering T Mobile is such a large technology company. 

I asked TMobile about this. The reply was at this time there isn’t a way. Just a suggestion…. I went through and unplugged all 14 devices then one at a time plugged them back in all the while writing down ip address and putting name to address. It wasn’t that time consuming and while not the best solution at least I have the paper with the devices labeled.

I have 11 devices connected and did the same exact thing. It definitely wasn’t time consuming and much quickly with my son’s assistance but I want to be able to personalize each device for my own reasons.

Badge

NEED this very basic device custom naming feature that nearly all routers have had for years. I have over 40 devices connected to our Gateway. Half show up with odd names which has become a very serious issue for us. As of 2022-02-27 T-Mobile says there is still not a way to do this. UGH!

I would like this ability too.

Is there a way to rename the devices that are connected to my 4g LTE home wifi? I'd like to know my playstation from my phone or tv so I know which to disconnect.

I’d like to have this feature as well. 

I’d like the same feature added as well as the ability to have a device icon. like a light bulb for a light 

Userlevel 2
Badge

Yes but they install the program or the UI  to make the gate way run

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

you could always contact the manufacturer and ask them if there is a way to do this or not..TMO might use their equipment however they did not build or create it.. probably better to go direct to the source.

Userlevel 2
Badge

We all need to petition T-mobile to make the option available to their Wifi home internet Gateway . This option is available on a lot of other modems lets let T-mobile know how unhappy there customers are and that they are very disappointed with not having this feature . I know it wouldn't be hard to install this feature with an update to their Gateway .👌🏾👌🏾😁😁😁

Badge

I asked TMobile about this. The reply was at this time there isn’t a way. Just a suggestion…. I went through and unplugged all 14 devices then one at a time plugged them back in all the while writing down ip address and putting name to address. It wasn’t that time consuming and while not the best solution at least I have the paper with the devices labeled.

I also want this. 

Userlevel 3

would like an update on this as well.  Renaming devices should be SOP.  Shouldnt have to memorize mac addresses so i know what is connected to my network